Windows 10: solid state drive

Discus and support solid state drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rWr22, Mar 27, 2020.

1. rWr22 Win User

solid state drive

After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look?

:)

rWr22, Mar 27, 2020

2. Unable to Install Sea Of Thieves on Solid State Drive

I had Sea of Thieves installed on my harddrive, but the load times were slow so I wanted to switch it to my solid state drive. I took the following steps.

• Uninstalled Sea of Thieves
    • Navigated to the microsoft store and selected install
    • Selected C: drive (which is my ssd) as the install location
    • After completing the download I get the error: "Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly".
    I've attempted this twice with no luck. It's a large download so it takes a long time to retry, I'm hoping for an easy resolution to get this installed on my C: drive.

Thank you,

Josh

JoshuaSmith3, Mar 27, 2020
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Upgrading to a solid state drive

I am considering upgrading to a Solid State Drive.

I have two basic questions that I hope someone can help me with.

• I am running Windows 10 Professional. It was the free upgrade offered for Win 7 users. If I upgrade will I have any problems reinstalling/switching to the new SSD? Is there anything I should be aware of before upgrading?
    • I have upgraded hard drives many times over the years but this is my first Solid State upgrade. In the past I was always upgrading to a larger drive. Drive software always allowed me to clone to a larger drive. This time, I will be using a smaller SSD for
      my operating system, 250 GB. My current Sata drive is 1 Tb. How do I proceed? If I simply install the smaller SSD, how do I get windows 10 on the drive? Do I install my original Windows 7 operating system and upgrade again? Will that work again? Or is there
      a way to get the Win 10 license key and install Win 10 and use that key. If so, how do I get that key.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTC

BTC55, Mar 27, 2020
  4. solid state drive

defragging solid state drive

is it true that the life of your solid state drive will be shortened by using windows built-in defragging tool?

DeanLarsen2, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

solid state drive

1. solid state drive - Similar Threads - solid state drive

2. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive: Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've...
  3. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive: Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've...
  4. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  5. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  6. Solid State Drives - 500GB or 1TB

Solid State Drives - 500GB or 1TB: I am going to have to replace my 500 GB SSD system drive which is showing early signs of failure and I am wondering whether or not to spend a bit extra and get the 1Tbyte one. I am currently using about 60% of the SSD capacity so don't need the extra capacity for software. On...
  7. solid state and hard drives

solid state and hard drives: I have a HP Laptop 17-by3065st,os is windows 10. I have both a ssd and hdd my ssd is low on free space my hdd 1TB has plenty. is there a way to have the HDD drive D: be the primary and keep the SSD drive C: just for windows os? Thanx in advance Jim...
  8. Windows and Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows and Solid State Drives: I'm considering getting a new computer with a SSD Wil I have any difficulty installing Windows 10 on the SSD? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-solid-state-drives/99be41ad-0667-49d3-9dae-c8a52ef82fb8
  9. "Trimming" a solid-state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Trimming" a solid-state drive: Every time I open the defrag app I read, "Never run" and "Needs optimizing." I run the optimizer and it reports "trimmed." But after a few days, it again says "Never run," etc. This is happening consistently. Any idea why--and whether it is cause for concern? Is the fact that...
  10. defragging solid state drive

defragging solid state drive: is it true that the life of your solid state drive will be shortened by using windows built-in defragging tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragging-solid-state-drive/49f4347c-3a15-4d5a-a7de-233c6e53349c