Windows 10: Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro)

Discus and support Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an MSI ge72vr 6rf Apache Pro Laptop and, while all the precision gestures worked, the settings menu only showed sensitivity control. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 404NameNotFound, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro)

I have an MSI ge72vr 6rf Apache Pro Laptop and, while all the precision gestures worked, the settings menu only showed sensitivity control.

When looking for a solution, I saw another guy on these forums who never could solve the problem with his GE72VR etc., and the post was locked, so I couldn't help directly.

By installing Microsoft's precision touch-pad drivers, I got the settings, but lost some gestures. Then by having windows look for a driver update for that device, the functionality returned.

I followed this guide,

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-precision-touchpad-drivers

then right-clicked the start button and clicked "device manager." I found Synaptics Pointing Device under the "mice and other pointing devices" dropdown menu and right clicked and hit "update driver" then "search automatically." It went back to the intended drivers and kept the settings.

One thing to note is that this caused an extra "device" to show up in the mouse and pointing devices part of the device manager listed as an extra HID-compliant mouse (there were two, one was not really there). I right clicked each and selected "properties" then looked at "location." I disabled the one that said "on Synaptics HID-Compliant Touch pad Device" by location. This might not be necessary but on my other laptop I followed the tutorial for, having two devices listed for the same device prevented the cursor from moving using the trackpad, and it was solved by simply disabling one of them.

I hope that helps someone! All that trouble to get two-finger scroll reversed. It's not too hard though.

:)

404NameNotFound, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Kevzombie Win User

Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro ?

Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro ? Bought an MSI Apache Pro back in February on sale, opted for one without SSD so I could put one of my choosing. My first gaming laptop I've owned, and when I built my PC years ago I wasn't in the market for M.2 SSD's. Any suggestions ?

Kevzombie, Aug 11, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro)

MSI Apache Pro GE72VR

MSI looks to dominate the notebook market with the GE72VR Apache Pro. Offering an Intel i7 6700HQ and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, it offers some serious gaming performance for the price. Oh, and it includes an SSD and IPS screen, which are certainly appealing.

Show full review

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro)

1. Solution for precision settings not showing for MSI Laptop (Apache Pro) - Similar Threads - Solution precision settings

2. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  3. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  4. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2: Hi all, I have an MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro. Every time Windows 10 Pro tries to update to build 20H2 I get the following error. Anyone know why I can't update? Currently stuck on build 1909. 180967
  6. Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision touchpad gesture setting not changing MSI: Hello, I have msi laptop. I wanted to use precision touchpad gestures. It is working somehow, but I cannot change any of the settings. It changes in settings, but when I use it keeps working as if I didnt change it. Help me please :)...
  7. Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro: I ordered a new western digital 250gb ssd drive blue for my laptop. I can install the new drive no problem. My question is how do I go about loading Windows 10 onto the new hard drive ? I'm not worried about saving any thing from the old hard drive..A new instal is ok with...
  8. Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ?: Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ? Bought an MSI Apache Pro back in February on sale, opted for one without SSD so I could put one of my choosing. My first gaming laptop I've owned, and when I built my PC years ago I wasn't in the market for M.2 SSD's. Any...
  9. 3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 BSOD in a few days of MSI Apache PRO: Just using my computer normal had 2 or 3 BSOD in the last days, I bought this new MSI Laptop expecting to perform great, and the only reason I didn't get so stressed is because you guys were always able to solve my BSOD in the past, I hope you can do this time too, Thank...
  10. MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Apache Pro Frequent crashing [error pic]: Hello all, I currently have an MSI apche Pro purchased from newegg.com my exact PC and specs can be found here: Support For GE72 Apache Pro (6th Gen) (GTX 970M) | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI USA 64 anyways- I have only had this PC for about 4-5 months,...