Windows 10: Solution for UIRibbon.dll not working when explorer refuses to open

Discus and support Solution for UIRibbon.dll not working when explorer refuses to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a similar problem to deadmanworking's issue: His windows explorer would not open no matter where he'd open it from, and Event Viewer puts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrUnkown, Jan 28, 2021.

1. MrUnkown Win User

Solution for UIRibbon.dll not working when explorer refuses to open

I had a similar problem to deadmanworking's issue: His windows explorer would not open no matter where he'd open it from, and Event Viewer puts the blame on UIRibbon.dll, yet he was messing around in what I assume is the Quick Access Toolbar, which is what I was doing too.

The solution for me was not to disable UIRibbon, but to reset the Quick Access Toolbar via the registry: Simple as reseting the [COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]QatItems [/COLOR]value to nothing.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Ribbon]

"QatItems"=-

Registry code was pulled from Shawn Brink's tutorial at http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/42858-file-explorer-quick-access-toolbar-reset-default-windows-10-a.html

I assume somehow when I was adding things to the Quick Access Toolbar, something didn't get added correctly I remember the checkbox and label was displayed much shorter than usual and then explorer would refuse to work correctly.

:)

MrUnkown, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Solution for UIRibbon.dll not working when explorer refuses to open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, Jan 28, 2021
  4. xava Win User

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

OMG yes. Thank you.

This was exactly the solution I was looking for. This problem was getting extremely painful, and everything else I'd found was talking about changing the folder optimization setting, i.e. Documents/Photos etc, which making no difference at all.

Thema:

1. Solution for UIRibbon.dll not working when explorer refuses to open - Similar Threads - Solution UIRibbon dll

2. Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error: Hello guys, Windows Explorer hasn't worked for me for a few days I'm using Windows 11; The event viewer says that the problem is in the dll module "ExplorerFrame.Dll"I have tried this:1 Scan with Windows Security and Malwarebytes: Nothing happens, it tells me that there is no...
  3. Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error: Hello guys, Windows Explorer hasn't worked for me for a few days I'm using Windows 11; The event viewer says that the problem is in the dll module "ExplorerFrame.Dll"I have tried this:1 Scan with Windows Security and Malwarebytes: Nothing happens, it tells me that there is no...
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  5. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  6. Programs refuse to open

7. Malwarebytyes refuses to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytyes refuses to open: Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer: [img] At the same time, Malwarebytes will not open when launched so I cannot check its settings for scans or anything else. Yet its icon appears in the System Tray...
  8. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  9. Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 1709, I've noticed that Windows Explorer is refusing to automatically refresh files and folders when a change is made. For example, if I download a file and then delete that file, Explorer prompts if I want to delete the file. I press yes and yet the...
  10. Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer refuses to open from taskbar and random square on desktop: Hello, I've been experiencing some bugs with Windows 10, I tried restarting it but the problem still remains. There's this weird app that's making this square thing show up on my desktop, I've disabled all the possible apps at startup that could cause this issue but the...