Windows 10: SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

Discus and support SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a popular thread about this issue, but it is now locked and so I can't give a solution. A solution was already shared on that thread, being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter Njeim, Feb 23, 2021.

1. SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

There is a popular thread about this issue, but it is now locked and so I can't give a solution. A solution was already shared on that thread, being that you must install your fonts for all users, using administrator access. However, if you've already installed hundreds of fonts, and don't want to redownload them to install for all users, there is an easy solution.

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog
    2. Paste %appdata%\..\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts and press Enter
    3. You should see all your installed fonts, press Ctrl + A to select all the font files
    4. While all the files are selected, right click any one of the files and press "Install for all users", not "Install" with the shield icon, requires administrator privileges

It should install all the fonts to the %windir%/Fonts folder, and should now work in all programs even after reboots.

:)

Peter Njeim, Feb 23, 2021
  2. RuskinF Win User

All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

Follow these steps to install fonts once for all. Here are the steps:

• 1. Open 'My Computer' and navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts.
    • 2. Find (or reinstall) the font in question.
    • 3. Right-click on the font file and click 'Properties'
    • 4. On the 'General' tab next to 'Attributes', click 'Advanced'
    • 5. Uncheck 'Encrypt contents to secure data'
    • 6. The font should now remain installed after a restart.

I hope this helps!

RuskinF, Feb 23, 2021
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 23, 2021
  4. [NOWAY] Win User

SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

All of the fonts I installed for current User ( under %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts) disappear after restarting windows.

my os build is 19041.338

[NOWAY], Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

1. SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart - Similar Threads - SOLUTION Installed fonts

2. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drives...
  3. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  4. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  5. Win 11 downloads and installs but disappears after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 downloads and installs but disappears after restart: On three occasions now I've downloaded Win 11 to my laptop. It then does the installation process before telling me the laptop has to restart before these changes will take place. The laptop gets restarted but nothing changes. I believe the laptop is compatible to accept the...
  6. Win 11 downloads and installs but disappears after restart

Win 11 downloads and installs but disappears after restart: On three occasions now I've downloaded Win 11 to my laptop. It then does the installation process before telling me the laptop has to restart before these changes will take place. The laptop gets restarted but nothing changes. I believe the laptop is compatible to accept the...
  7. Fonts Disappear When Restarting Lenovo Yoga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts Disappear When Restarting Lenovo Yoga: Got a brand new Lenovo Yoga 7 Pro 16 with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Within our company we have been using a couple of non-standard Type 1 fonts HelveticaNeue Condensed, HelveticaNeue Light Cond we purchased approx 8 years ago. We had no problem whatsoever using those with...
  8. Fonts Disappear When Restarting Lenovo Yoga

Fonts Disappear When Restarting Lenovo Yoga: Got a brand new Lenovo Yoga 7 Pro 16 with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Within our company we have been using a couple of non-standard Type 1 fonts HelveticaNeue Condensed, HelveticaNeue Light Cond we purchased approx 8 years ago. We had no problem whatsoever using those with...
  9. All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10: All of the fonts I installed for current User under %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts disappear after restarting windows. my os build is 19041.338...
  10. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win11 Installed fonts disappear

2. custom fonts missing after shutdown and reboot