Windows 10: SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

Discus and support SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a popular thread about this issue, but it is now locked and so I can't give a solution. A solution was already shared on that thread, being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter Njeim, Feb 23, 2021.

1. SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

There is a popular thread about this issue, but it is now locked and so I can't give a solution. A solution was already shared on that thread, being that you must install your fonts for all users, using administrator access. However, if you've already installed hundreds of fonts, and don't want to redownload them to install for all users, there is an easy solution.

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog
    2. Paste %appdata%\..\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts and press Enter
    3. You should see all your installed fonts, press Ctrl + A to select all the font files
    4. While all the files are selected, right click any one of the files and press "Install for all users", not "Install" with the shield icon, requires administrator privileges

It should install all the fonts to the %windir%/Fonts folder, and should now work in all programs even after reboots.

:)

Peter Njeim, Feb 23, 2021
  2. RuskinF Win User

All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

Follow these steps to install fonts once for all. Here are the steps:

• 1. Open 'My Computer' and navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts.
    • 2. Find (or reinstall) the font in question.
    • 3. Right-click on the font file and click 'Properties'
    • 4. On the 'General' tab next to 'Attributes', click 'Advanced'
    • 5. Uncheck 'Encrypt contents to secure data'
    • 6. The font should now remain installed after a restart.

I hope this helps!

RuskinF, Feb 23, 2021
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 23, 2021
  4. [NOWAY] Win User

SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

All of the fonts I installed for current User ( under %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts) disappear after restarting windows.

my os build is 19041.338

[NOWAY], Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart

1. SOLUTION: Installed fonts disappearing after restart - Similar Threads - SOLUTION Installed fonts

2. Custom fonts not accessible after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom fonts not accessible after restart: After restarting my PC, my custom installed fonts are no longer accessible by any program. In the windows setting menu, it is not listed as a font, but the file is still present in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Once I go to the original .ttf font file and install it, it asks...
  3. File sharing disappears after restart

File sharing disappears after restart: Hi, I have two home computers networked by Ethernet to an ATT cable modem. I find that if I do a network reset and make sure all the settings are correct in Network and sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings that the two computers will be correctly networked together and...
  4. bluetooth disappears after i restart

bluetooth disappears after i restart: from a few days whenever I restart my pc, Bluetooth gets disappeared. and I have to shut down it and sart it manually. how con i resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-disappears-after-i-restart/e4c4922d-0786-40ac-8456-272ef1318a2b
  5. All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All fonts I installed disappear after restarting Windows 10: All of the fonts I installed for current User under %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\fonts disappear after restarting windows. my os build is 19041.338...
  6. All text disappears after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All text disappears after restart: Hi, I have strange problem with win10 and I think it happend after some update. All text keeps dissapearing not only text from all kind of menus, desktop icons, try panel but also text in any terminal cmd or powershell. Strange thing is when I logout I have to press win+x...
  7. Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot: I'm transferring all my software and files from a WIndows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC. All fonts are loaded except the type 1, PFM fonts. They load fine and are available after they're loaded but once I Restart the fonts are gone. It's only the type 1 fonts. When I reload...
  8. Fonts 'disappeared' after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts 'disappeared' after update to Windows 10: Any one out there have the same problem?? After updating from windows 7 to Windows 10 lots of fonts are not available when using Excel or Word 'Wingdings 3' for example. How do I access missing fonts please?...
  9. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120
  10. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...