Windows 10: Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp

Discus and support Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am assuming this is only a problem for those using BootCamp on a Mac. I am also assuming that this affects all bluetooth devices and not only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nick10062, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Nick10062 Win User

Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp

I am assuming this is only a problem for those using BootCamp on a Mac.
    I am also assuming that this affects all bluetooth devices and not only the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.

When I connected my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to my PC through the Windows bluetooth setup it said it was connected and it worked as expected for a very short time, and then not at all, while still saying connected in the bluetooth menu.

To fix this problem:
    1. Go to Start > Device Manager > Bluetooth and right click "Bluetooth Radio" and press update driver
    2. Click "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let me pick from an available list of drivers on my computer"
    3. Uncheck the "Show compatible hardware" box, scroll up to "Apple Inc", and installed the "Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth" driver
    4. Restart your pc At this point bluetooth will not work
    5. Go to Start > Device Manager > Bluetooth and right click "Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth" and press update driver
    6. This time click "Search automatically for updated driver software" and after it installs the "Bluetooth Radio" driver again the device should work

:)

Nick10062, Jan 20, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select ‘Device manager’.
    • Open Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth Radios subtree.
    • Right-click on ‘Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth’ and choose ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and click on ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
    • Choose ‘Apple Inc.’ for Manufacturer, and ‘Apple Built-in Bluetooth’ for Model, and install it.

Close device manager, disconnect the device and reconnect.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp

Apple Magic Mouse not working with Windows 10 Bootcamp

The Apple Magic mouse is paired via Bluetooth and shows the device connected, but does not work with Windows 10. Windows 10 is installed on my Macbook using Bootcamp. From Windows, the mouse cursor does not appear when the mouse is moved or click on.
    The mouse works completely fine on MacOS. I tried many proposed solutions online. Reinstalling Bootcamp drivers, installing updates via Apple Software Updates/Windows Updates, even reinstalling windows, and many more suggested solutions online. The MacBook
    Pro 2016 is running MacOS Mojave and uses the Apple File System.

After many hours of tinkering with my MacBook, the solution was found. The solution is very simple. Shutdown the computer, then power on the computer and load windows. The mouse works correctly. Restarting the computer from MacOS does something unknown,
    and the mouse will not function.

KeewookSong, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp

1. Solution to a bluetooth device not functioning correctly in BootCamp - Similar Threads - Solution bluetooth device

2. Bluetooth solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth solution: why my hp pavilion gaming did not have bluetooth. I have done many solution but still same, the bluetooth still not have in my lapto. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-solution/acb6830b-4665-4801-8007-ba717e5812fc
  3. Bootcamp Bluetooth Power Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootcamp Bluetooth Power Management: Hi guys, Where I can find the power management option for Bluetooth devices? I have a DualShock ps4 controller and a Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard. When I connect and use controller, few minutes after the keyboard disconnect and I can’t reconnect again. I need to switch off...
  4. Bluetooth issues with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issues with bootcamp: Hey everyone, I run Windows 10 partitioned on a Macbook Pro. 99% of my work is tied to MacOS, so Apple is a necessity. I run a fairly decent setup ('17 15" Macbook Pro i7, Radeon Pro video card) so I wanted to download W10 to enjoy some gaming. The only issue I'm facing is...
  5. Bootcamp bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bootcamp bluetooth: There is no Bluetooth on my Bootcamp version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-bluetooth/1cd47691-4a8b-44da-84f6-ddb8d2fdb8c2
  6. Bootcamp bluetooth Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootcamp bluetooth Mouse: Hello, I am running windows 10 bootcamp on a MacBook, and I've been trying to connect my Bluetooth mouse numerous times but failed. When I go on add a new device, it recognises that there is a mouse, but when I click connect, it says connecting but then just says try to...
  7. need correct solution

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need correct solution: [ATTACH] My PC doesn't belong to any workstation or group. But it still doesn't allow me to change the setting. I tried lot of suggested solutions but in vain. Please help me to resolve this problem....
  8. Input device microphone not functioning correctly

Input device microphone not functioning correctly: I have a Logitech Webcam C270, to be used as a microphone. When I open the "Open Sound Settings", it shows briefly for a few secs "No Input Devices", then it shows "Logitech Webcam 270" , under Choose Your Input Device in Inputs. [ATTACH] Also the webcam does not receive...
  9. Bluetooth & device not functional

Bluetooth & device not functional: Dear Sir, I am using Lenovo Y510P laptop. After the recent window 10 update, I am unable to add my device logitec x50 wireless speaker through Bluetooth. In order to make sure my device is work, I have used my phone to test and it work well. Please advise. Thank you....
  10. Unable to connect to devices using Bluetooth - Bootcamp MBP.

Unable to connect to devices using Bluetooth - Bootcamp MBP.: Hello, I recently utilised bootcamp to install Windows 10 on my 2016 MacBook Pro, however I am unable to connect to Bluetooth devices. When I attempt to connect to a device, it says that it is connecting, however the status doesn't change until it times out. I have...