Windows 10: Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue

Discus and support Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a solution to a problem I have been having for ages that I thought I should share with others. When logging in after Sleep or Hibernate, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Peltz, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Ben Peltz Win User

Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue

This is a solution to a problem I have been having for ages that I thought I should share with others. When logging in after Sleep or Hibernate, my ASUS Vivobook, which has an AMD Ryzen Vega 3 graphics chip, the color profile would change to be more yellowish than the standard Windows color scheme. Based on searches and fiddling I had narrowed it down to an issue with a service called ASUS Optimization. Disabling this service would fix the color issue, but also changed how the fn keys functioned. Then I came across this thread, which suggests deleting files in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System C

:)

Ben Peltz, Jan 2, 2023
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows Color Management Issue

Hi billin30,

With the issue you're having with your display color, I suggest that you calibrate. There may have been settings that is causing the issue and resetting them may solve this. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Calibrate display color.
    2. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If the issue will not somehow improve, try to check with your monitor's color settings just to be sure.

Also, I'd like to clarify what monitor is having the issue with its display going to the 'other monitor'? I'd also like to ask for help in isolating the issue. Try to use the monitors one-by-one or have them pair up with one another. Like have BenQ paired
    with Asus then have Alienware paired with Asus etc.

Update me if there were improvements.

Ian Ser, Jan 2, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Cannot change color profile for display no 2

Thank you for the details that you've provided. There may be a compatibility issue involved that kept on causing issue with the color profile. As we research further, since Asus PD287Q is using the display port and LG IPS 236VX is using the HDMI port, this
    may be contributing to the color profile issue. We suggest that you try to use the HDMI port as well on your ASUS PD287Q to balance both monitors and see if there will be any changes.

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue - Similar Threads - Solution ASUS Color

2. Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue: This is a solution to a problem I have been having for ages that I thought I should share with others. When logging in after Sleep or Hibernate, my ASUS Vivobook, which has an AMD Ryzen Vega 3 graphics chip, the color profile would change to be more yellowish than the...
  3. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  4. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  5. Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?: HDR is becoming a hot commodity for PC users and the default windows color profile is causing issues with screenshots in chrome/edge when used - at least in windows 10 anyways. It even crops up when using the old school tried and true print screen -> Paint method.People have...
  6. Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?: HDR is becoming a hot commodity for PC users and the default windows color profile is causing issues with screenshots in chrome/edge when used - at least in windows 10 anyways. It even crops up when using the old school tried and true print screen -> Paint method.People have...
  7. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  8. Color profile issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile issues?: I had to do a clean wipe of my Windows 10, which means I lost my last calibrated profile. Been trying to recalibrate but my colors all seem dull, and greys are either too purple or yellow. My question is, when I go to settings - display, and change my calibrated profiles...
  9. Color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673