Windows 10: SOLUTION to desktop icons disappearing with only one stuck at the top of the screen

Discus and support SOLUTION to desktop icons disappearing with only one stuck at the top of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw a couple posts about this because I had the same problem and was searching for an answer. Basically, the desktop will appear empty except for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SFB1977, Nov 15, 2020.

1. SFB1977 Win User

SOLUTION to desktop icons disappearing with only one stuck at the top of the screen

I saw a couple posts about this because I had the same problem and was searching for an answer. Basically, the desktop will appear empty except for one desktop icon that is "stuck" at the top of the screen. Yes, "show desktop icons" is checked and all other relevant settings are correct, including screen resolution. The root of the problem, I discovered, is the icon spacing setting. Mine had somehow changed from the default settings to 10x the default settings, so there was only room on the desktop for one icon. Here's how to change it back to the default, which restores the original look of the desktop. I hope the people who posted earlier about this see this post, because it looked like they hadn't found this solution... https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16941-change-desktop-icon-spacing-windows-10-a.html

:)

SFB1977, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

SOLUTION to desktop icons disappearing with only one stuck at the top of the screen

1. SOLUTION to desktop icons disappearing with only one stuck at the top of the screen - Similar Threads - SOLUTION desktop icons

2. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  3. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible: I changed the scale and layout of my windows 10 desktop, and now can't see the desktop icons, no matter what scale and layout I choose. They're still there, but t they're hidden at the top of the screen, in a box that is the width of the screen and unmovable.My problem is...
  4. Desktop Icons Stuck at top of screen and inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .: Wondering why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-on-top-of-screen-disappearing-from-desktop/6a894180-f53b-41fa-a838-fcbaf6b2beac
  6. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  7. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  8. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

9. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: So I was messing around with the Display Settings and I was curious what would happen if I changed the percentage of the of the Scale and Layout manually to about 300. After changing it back however, I now fully regret it because my screen looks fine but my desktop icons are...
  10. Desktop Icon at top of screen

Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...