Windows 10: Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update"

Discus and support Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time my Windows 10 PC (HP Envy23) updates, my external Bose table top speakers disappear. The PC stops recognizing that there are external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpunkyBong, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update"

Every time my Windows 10 PC (HP Envy23) updates, my external Bose table top speakers disappear. The PC stops recognizing that there are external speakers plugged in.

I wish to share how I solved the problem......

Control Panel->

Hardware and Sound->

Device Manager->

Sound, Video and Game Controllers->

High Definition Audio Codec->

Uninstall->

Restart PC->

After restart........

Control Panel->

Hardware and Sound->

Device Manager->

Sound, Video and Game Controllers->

High Definition Audio Codec->Right Click->Properties->

Option(1) - Allow Windows to find the driver either from pc or internet

Option(2) - Choose from drivers installed on your pc

***Click on Option (2)****

You will find 2-3 drivers listed. Pick "High Definition Audio Codec"->There will be a warning->Ignore the warning and Click OK.

Bingo!! That pesky red cross over your speaker icon on the taskbar will disappear and your sound will come alive.

:)

SpunkyBong, Aug 28, 2019

2. External speakers not recognized as installed.

After reinstalling Windows 10 and resetting my computer, it no longer recognizes that external speakers are connected. (I have no internal speakers.) It says, “No audio output device is installed.” None of the supposed solutions posted (e.g., update driver,
    uninstall & reinstall driver, troubleshooting) are effective because all depend on the computer recognizing that the speakers are installed. I have tried connecting other external speakers, but these too are not recognized as installed. How do I get my computer
    to recognize that the external speakers are indeed attached so I can get my sound back? (Note: The speakers worked fine before the reinstall and reset.)

FrankV6111, Aug 28, 2019
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update"

External speakers not recognized as installed.

Thank you for your prompt response to my question, but I’m afraid you didn’t read that question carefully. I have tried every solution you suggest, but none works because every time I try to go through any of these procedures, I can’t do it because
    all depend on the computer recognizing that the speakers are installed, just not functioning. But, as noted, my computer tells me, “No audio output device is installed,” and I can’t effect a repair for something that the computer says doesn’t exist. So my
    question, again, is how do I get my computer to recognize that the external speakers are indeed attached so I can get my sound back?

FrankV6111, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update"

1. Solution to - "External speakers not recognized after Windows 10 update" - Similar Threads - Solution External speakers

2. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  3. Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Not Recognizing External Speakers: My Altec Lansing wired speakers was not being recognized by my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-external-speakers/cbc29611-e15b-4ed0-9109-5fac2e54a59b
  4. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  5. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers: need help windows 10 doesn't regcognize exxternal speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-doesnt-recognize-external-speakers/1bff7a9b-2d81-4935-b745-71f9bb0bc141
  6. windows 10 doesn't recognize external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers: I have some cheap USB speakers that utilize the USB port and jack. There are no drivers for the device.In a recent update from Windows, something has blocked the OS from recognizing the USB speakers. USB speakers work well on other laptops. The problem is on a Dell Latitude...
  8. Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers

Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers: I have some cheap USB speakers that utilize the USB port and jack. There are no drivers for the device.In a recent update from Windows, something has blocked the OS from recognizing the USB speakers. USB speakers work well on other laptops. The problem is on a Dell Latitude...
  9. Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers

Windows 11 Not Recognizing External Speakers: I'm on Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2 -- I have installed all updates.Computer is: Dell Inspirion 7706 -- 11th Gen Intel Core I have two JBL Charge 3 speakers that were working with my laptop until... maybe a month ago. I don't use them on the computer that frequently.I tried...
  10. External speakers not recognized as installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External speakers not recognized as installed.: After reinstalling Windows 10 and resetting my computer, it no longer recognizes that external speakers are connected. (I have no internal speakers.) It says, “No audio output device is installed.” None of the supposed solutions posted (e.g., update driver, uninstall &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not reconize external speakers

2. speakers not recognized after update

3. how to make windows 10 recogmoze onm speakers

4. windows 10 speakers not recognized after update