Windows 10: Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows

Discus and support Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First I should ask if anyone else is having issues with the Xbox App for Windows as whole or not. It seems cheaply made by software standards and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KoalaTeaTimes, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows

First I should ask if anyone else is having issues with the Xbox App for Windows as whole or not. It seems cheaply made by software standards and I feel as though Microsoft just doesn't care enough because "Xbox is the place to be" something like that. Anyone.
    Anyways, I encounter a really nasty bug when using the Xbox App in a party. My friends have since switched to playing a different game on the Box and unfortunately I do not have it yet, but I am not completely torn by that. I have known for quite some time that I can at least be in a party with them, but play my PC games and everyone is happy. Well, for the most part anyways. I, for one, are not happy with this app. It's 98% percent useful right now and the other 2% is obviously not. That 2% is probably most crucial, too. That 2% is my issue. Simply put: my issue is that I cannot minimize the Xbox App while in a party, otherwise I disconnect from the party and get an NAT error code. This is the code - 0x8923180B. I have done a bit of research and to my surprise nobody from Microsoft knows what is going on!!! Just kidding, that is not a surprise and seems pretty commonplace. Stuff is broken and errors created by developers so that those same developers know what to do when that error occurs and how to fix it. To say the least, Microsoft Support has no idea what the heck they are doing and obviously the devs didn't inform them of all error codes.
    Moving on...
    EDIT: In the middle of writing this, I found what was causing this error and how to fix it. Basically, the error is somehow mistaken by Microsoft for error code 0x89231806 and not 0x8923180B. Error code 0x89231806 refers to an NAT error for the Xbox console itself, not Windows PC. So, I am starting this discussion for the sole purpose of helping those figure this issue out in much more refined and easy to understand list of sorts.
    1. Open the Settings app on your computer. (This method will work with desktops and laptops running Windows 10 and anything post-Creator's Update)
    2. Once in Settings, find 'Apps', click on it and then find the itty-bitty search bar above and long list of apps/programs installed on your machine.
    3. Search for "Xbox."
    4. Click on "Xbox" and then find 'Advanced Settings' and click on that.
    5. You should see 'App Permissions' as a column. Find 'Background Apps' and click the slider, if not already shaded a color meaning it is on.
    6. Open your Xbox App, join a party, and minimize the app. It should still work and you should be still in your party with no issues.
    REMINDER: DO NOT go to Microsoft with this issue. They will basically tell you that you're wrong and that the error and solution you're looking for pertains to an Xbox Live console issue. IT DOES NOT.
    I owe thanks to @EarthLlama.

:)

KoalaTeaTimes, Apr 12, 2019

2. Xbox app crashing when ever I'm in party chat

Hi Tim,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app crashes while you are in a Party chat. It is possible that the app is corrupted or due to certain messages in your inbox. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you delete the Xbox Live messages in your inbox,
    then log out and log in again to your profile to refresh it. It is recommended that you restart the app and try to send messages again via Party chat.

If the issue persists, update the Xbox app manually by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell  in the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 12, 2019
  3. 0x80010108 Error When Joining Parties on Xbox App (Windows 10)

Hi,

The error code 0x80010108 may occur due to several reasons. It can possibly be due to an incorrect network configuration or an outdated Xbox App. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription?
    • Is your computer connected via a wired or a wireless network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check the NAT type on the Xbox App by following the steps below:

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Make sure that the Xbox Live Service Status is up and running before joining the Xbox Live parties again. To check, you may visit this

link

4. Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows

Teredo tunneling pseudo-interface and Xbox Party app

We would like to verify if you were able to perform the steps on the
    link
    that we provided above. If you are still experiencing the same issue after performing the steps on the said link, you may visit this

link
    for additional solutions.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Thema:

Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows

1. Solution to Xbox App Disconnecting Parties on Windows - Similar Threads - Solution Xbox App

2. Can't join parties on xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join parties on xbox app: Recently bought a PC and when i open the xbox app everything seems fine, but then when i go to join a party it says that i need to update my app but then doesnt give me the option to update....
  3. Party Chat on Xbox app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Party Chat on Xbox app Windows 10: When i join a party on the xbox app, the other party members hear a loud sound and echo from my mic. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/party-chat-on-xbox-app-windows-10/b9f86d78-b86c-4069-abd8-838c16258b47
  4. Xbox App Windows 10 Party Chat Disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox App Windows 10 Party Chat Disconnect: It's as the title says, however unlike most others having the issue of being able to join the party but not being able to talk. When I join or start a party on PC, most of the time it will instantly kick me out of the party immediately after joining. Some of the time it will...
  5. xbox companion app party not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox companion app party not working: on the xbox companion app when I create my own party and other people join I'm able to hear them and they can hear me, but when I join their parties it will be say that me and all other people in the party are connecting. I just got my pc so I'm not sure how to fix it, can...
  6. No Party Notifications On Xbox App For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Party Notifications On Xbox App For Windows 10: ive recently stopped recieving party notification about 2 days ago on the xbox app, im trying to join my friends and play with them but invites arent coming through, they dont show up, i get the notification on xbox but nothing happens on pc. ive tried everything i could find...
  7. Not getting party invites on windows 10 xbox app

Not getting party invites on windows 10 xbox app: I get all other notifications but when it comes to party invites I do not get any. I tried resetting and everything legit nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-party-invites-on-windows-10-xbox-app/825f86f0-a2f9-49f6-8607-7dfbc59f36d3
  8. Disconnecting from parties on any Xbox App.

Disconnecting from parties on any Xbox App.: So, this is my issue: - Open the app, join a party, and within 30 seconds, I disconnect. It blames it on my internet (which it's not); "Network settings are blocking parties". I've done everything from: - Resetting my PC (keeping personal files), - Looking through Device...
  9. Xbox party on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party on windows: When i try to join my friends party on Xbox one it works fine, but on windows it shows they are in a party but when i click on their name it doesnt show they are in a party. This has only been happening recently...
  10. Xbox app party chat issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox app party chat issues.: For about a month or so, my headset has started to create an echo for my friends and they can hear what I'm playing on my computer. (they can hear themselves talk and music I play over my headphones, not the other way round) We checked other apps like discord and skype and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app pc keeps disconnecting party

2. xbox party keeps disconnecting on pc

3. xbox party disconnecting on windows

4. Keep getting kicked from Xbox party on PC,
  5. xbox social keep disconnecting from party windows 10,
  6. windows game bar chats keep disconnecting,
  7. xbox chat disconeccts pc,
  8. xbox app keeps kicking me from party,
  9. phone xbox app keeps disconecting me,
  10. keep disconnecting from xbox party on pc,
  11. xbox party disconnected pc minimizes,