Windows 10: Solutions for RAM issues

Discus and support Solutions for RAM issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a number of issues and deduce that some at least are due to problems with RAM. Usage often goes over 90%, when activities start to crash,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by clayto, Feb 17, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Solutions for RAM issues

I have a number of issues and deduce that some at least are due to problems with RAM. Usage often goes over 90%, when activities start to crash, freeze, lag etc. I often get 'system does have enough resources' notices, especially when playing videos such as YouTube online.

Despite advice that they are 'no use' I find some of the 'memory cleaners', both automatic and manual, do in fact help. I understand that the OS cleans the RAM itself, but there is an obvious delay so when Windows starts playing up a couple of clicks can bring usage down from 90% plus to around 70% and often the activity is freed. The manual utilities seem most effective.

MY tablet 2-in-1 PC has 4GB which while not a lot is not excessively low, I have been told. Because it is a small, sealed device with mainly soldered components, adding extra RAM is far from easy. The Memory Diagnostic tool reports zero issues.

I have tried a variety of cleaners and discarded many. A combination of the three I have kept seems to be the best I can do. I installed Process Lasso, hoping it might help, but possibly because I do not understand how to use it properly I have not so far seen any benefit. I know about stopping unnecessary programs & hungry background activities but unfortunately the highest memory users are Norton Security and Malwarebytes which plainly I do not want to disable, especially when online; and surprisingly to me three or four Gadgets (8 Gadget Pack) which I rely on quite a lot. I will shortly be activating Defender to replace Norton --- will that reduce RAM usage significantly? Also when the (very) long awaited October update arrives I may reluctantly dispense with the excellent Clipboarder (copy and paste manager),one of my essential Gadgets. I follow advice to do a restart before activities I expect to be memory hungry.

Other suggestions will be very welcome.

:)

clayto, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 17, 2019
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Solutions for RAM issues :D

DrunkenMafia, Feb 17, 2019
  4. BullGod Win User

Solutions for RAM issues

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Solutions for RAM issues

1. Solutions for RAM issues - Similar Threads - Solutions RAM issues

2. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  3. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  4. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ram Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Issues: After a ram upgrade, my pc boots up like normal but when it reaches the windows screen it says that it ran into a problem and needs to restart with the acpi bios error message. it then boots again and says it is doing automatic repairs before giving me the Error Code...
  6. Ram Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram Issues: After a ram upgrade, my pc boots up like normal but when it reaches the windows screen it says that it ran into a problem and needs to restart with the acpi bios error message. it then boots again and says it is doing automatic repairs before giving me the Error Code...
  7. RAM issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RAM issue: Hi All, Recently I have upgraded RAM in my desktop from 4GB to 8GB but I see the usable RAM is only 3.1 GB. I wonder what could be the reason. Seek your help. Thnks Sandip.[ATTACH]...
  8. ram issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    ram issue: Yesterday I told a agent about my problem. My problem is my ram is always used approximately 3. 2gb when i used no software and when i used software it crossed 4gb . I have 8 gb ram. And my antimalware executable took 400+ ram. Then a agent fix it with controlling my pc.Then...
  9. Ram issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ram issue: I did clean Windows installation and run Windows 10. But the RAM always full at about 80% -90%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-issue/e50fd481-6959-46a6-a67f-dbc2b5db1e06
  10. Solutions for RAM issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Solutions for RAM issues: I have a number of issues and deduce that some at least are due to problems with RAM. Usage often goes over 90%, when activities start to crash, freeze, lag etc. I often get 'system does have enough resources' notices, especially when playing videos such as YouTube online....