Windows 10: (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

Discus and support (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CraigS040709, Nov 14, 2019.

1. (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut names Overlap some adjacent ones and I have to move some over and leave a space.

Auto-Arrange NOT Chk'd and Sort By = Nothing Chk'd.

I know Intel released a 1909 Display Driver BUT HP has Not released it and their Sppt advised (his personal opinion) NOT to Dnload from Intel as HP would make some mod to it - Safer to Wait -- Wonder IF current Display Driver related to issue & IF New "for 1909" Driver May Fix.

Any thoughts appreciated.

:)

CraigS040709, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

You can 'drag to order' but it will only last for the current session.

(Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 14, 2019
  3. How to arrange desktop shotcuts in Windows 10.

Hello Ken,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you want to know how to arrange desktop shortcuts.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to move and arrange the shortcut icons on the desktop?

• Did you check if the Auto arrange icons option is enabled on your PC?

Enabling Auto arrange icons option will not let you to manually place the icons in the order of your choice. If you turn off the
    Auto arrange icons option, you will be able to place the icons anywhere on your desktop screen.

Check if you have enabled Auto arrange icon option on your PC by following the steps below:

• Right click on the empty space of the desktop and hover the mouse over
      View option.

• Check if the Auto arrange icons option is checked.

• If the option is checked, uncheck the
      Auto arrange icons option from the sub window.

• Close the windows, arrange the icons as per your choice and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 14, 2019
  4. (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

(Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

1. (Solved) 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged - Similar Threads - Solved 1909 Desktop

2. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  3. Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts arrange in vertical layout: I have a user who is using Surface Pro. The OS is Windows 11. Out of the blue, every single of his desktop icons are arranged in a single column right in the middle of the screen. I have tried playing around with the resolutions settings, text size and scaling and...
  4. Desktop icons keep re-arranging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep re-arranging: Why do my desktop icons get rearranged each time a start up or even when I click on one of the icons and then come back to the desktop? This is very annoying. [Original Title: Desktop icons]...
  5. Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor: I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary. Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if...
  6. 1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged

1909 Desktop Shortcuts Move When One Re-Arranged: Didn't occur PRIOR to 1909 ..... Have 100+ Shortcuts on Desktop ... I had to Un-Chk [ Rt Clk on Desktop/ View/ Align Icons to Grid ] -- to KEEP multi-Shtcuts on Desktop in certain columns/Rows from Moving when just One Shtcut was re-located to another empty space. Now, Shtcut...
  7. Win 10 keeps re-arranging my desktop?

Win 10 keeps re-arranging my desktop?: I have the occasional case (maybe once per week) that Windows decides to re-arrange my desktop icons each and every time I change *anything* on the desktop (e.g. move an existing icon or add another one) but apparently also sometimes "out-of-the-blue". *Mad Then my carefully...
  8. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  9. Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange desktop list (shortcut): Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and down constantly but without logic, like a-z sort or last used. 90591
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...