Windows 10: Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

Discus and support Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Solved: After all this fuss it would appear a neighbour has installed a new 5ghz router and our network channels may have been overlapping causing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Saracen Rush, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

Solved: After all this fuss it would appear a neighbour has installed a new 5ghz router and our network channels may have been overlapping causing the issue. My router was set to automatically choose a channel which according to what I can see is the same as my neighbour. After manually selecting my channel to the other end of the spectrum I am once again getting full speeds and no issues on my 5ghz network. Phew.

Odd how it didn't seem to affect my phone much, although it was slower it wasn't nearly as crippled as my computer.

Hopefully this helps someone else anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I broadcast 2 networks and the issue is occurring on the 5ghz one. 2.4ghz works fine on the computer.

I should point out the 5ghz network is working just fine on my android devices and working full speed on them.

It was working just fine on my pc too up until last night.

-------------------------------------

5ghz Internet has been working fine for weeks then last night it stopped working. Or at best works very slowly and very intermittently when I'm on 5ghz wifi with 100mb connection.

I should point out the internet is working just fine in the household on two android phones and a macbook pro so I would assume at this point the problem is on my computer.

Last thing I did before everything went awry was download and install vb cable and voicemeeter banana. This may be coincidental though.

What I've tried so far:

- Uninstalling both programs

- Uninstalling avast antivirus ( Now back on since re-imaged)

- Checking windows is up to date- it is

- A system restore to two days ago when everything was fine

- Backup to a system image I had from two days ago

- Reset the router back to factory settings

- Running malware bytes which gave a couple of results in my google chrome folder which looked normal but quarantined anyway.

- Reset tcp and ip protocols via an elevated command prompt

- Checked if my wifi dongle driver had been updated without my knowledge but there is no rollback icon so it appears to be what I've used for weeks just fine.

- Checked under internet options>connections>lan settings to make sure that I don't have a proxy set up- i don't

- Checked to make sure I'm set to detect dns settings automatically under ipv4 option- I am

- Restarted the network adaptor by disabling and enabling it.

I have restarted the computer after each of these options to no avail.

Help!

:)

Saracen Rush, Dec 29, 2017

2. WiFi Access Point & WiFi Access Point are on different WiFi Channels. Performance may be degraded.

This can and has happened when both the 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi adapter, if one's computer has more than one wifi adapter is connected to their router. Try only using the 2.4 GHZ or 5 GHZ wifi connection if that is the case.

Dan1986ist, Dec 29, 2017
  3. CianP Win User
    Store error

Thanks Roy, but just one last question, how do I switch between a 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz?

CianP, Dec 29, 2017
  4. tchagas Win User

Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

You're having trouble with just one computer, correct? Desktop or Notebook? Inform the model of the same or the network card of the same as well.

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
Thema:

Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK

1. Solved: 5 GHz Internet unstable as of last night. 2.4 Ghz OK - Similar Threads - Solved GHz Internet

2. Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet: I recently purchased a new PC and a new network adapter TP-link Archer T2U Plus and whenever I try to connect to my 5GHz mobile network it doesn't work but 2,4 GHz works. I have tried differrent solutions but to no avail....
  3. Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet: I recently purchased a new PC and a new network adapter TP-link Archer T2U Plus and whenever I try to connect to my 5GHz mobile network it doesn't work but 2,4 GHz works. I have tried differrent solutions but to no avail....
  4. CPU ghz stuck at 1.58 ghz after 5 mins of gaming

CPU ghz stuck at 1.58 ghz after 5 mins of gaming: My pc specs are :i5 2400 3.10 ghzGTX 165016 gb ddr3 ramZEBRONICS B75 moboWhen i launch and play spiderman remastered for 5 minutes it works fine above 55+ fps but after 5 minutes it gets to 25-30 fps , for a few days i couldnt figure out why that was happening but today i...
  5. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  6. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  7. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to 5 GHz: I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I...
  8. Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?: One of my users has recently experienced bad WiFi-connectivity. At boot, all was good; though after some time the number of quarter-circles indicating field strength went down, and connections became bad, at times making video conferencing MS teams lousy to impossible. I...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  10. Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!: Hello, i'm trying to switch between 2.4 and 5 as the title says. I have tried disabled 2.4 GHz from my routers homepage but my PC loses connection but my laptops internet remains working as it's running with 5 GHz I have a 802.11n Wireless LAN Card built into my pc bought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz in same router unstable