Windows 10: [Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

Discus and support [Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Win10 on my tower and I can't seem to get the camera to turn on via the Camera app or Discord as I only get a blacj screen. It sits there turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregRada, May 14, 2020.

1. GregRada Win User

[Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

I run Win10 on my tower and I can't seem to get the camera to turn on via the Camera app or Discord as I only get a blacj screen. It sits there turned off until a program activates it best way to describe it. It works great with video capturing programs like Skype, HTC, Filmora with no issues. It's a plug an play USB camera that installs as soon as I plug it in. I have ran EVERY trouble shooting process out there. Drivers uninstall/reinstall and updates - Privacy settings - Disable/enabler - Trying different USB ports - Everything.

Camera: Link -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081GX6KVZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I've been working on this for over a day now with help and no one seems to make sense of this. I contacted the seller for tech support as well.

Thank you.

Solved - VR headset was the issue.

:)

GregRada, May 14, 2020

2. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated.

when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached.

I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But in the there the webcam device is not even present.

I tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. In Device Manager, on the Action  menu, select  Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    1. If your webcam still doesn’t work, visit the webcam manufacturer’s website.
    I also tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

1. Select Start > File Explorer.
    2. In File Explorer, select This PC, and then select your OS disk, usually called OSDisk (C[Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help :).
    3. Under Home, select New folder, and then type Camera Roll as the name of the new folder.
    4. Press and hold (or right-click) the Camera Roll folder you just created, and then select Include in library > Camera Roll.
    5. Try taking a picture. If you see the same error message, try the next solution.
    Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian
    means "Camera activated". I have an Acer Swift 3 that i bought in December 2019. Could please someone help me?

Roussel Folas, May 14, 2020
  3. my camera app shows a black screen

I did all steps described in your email, but the camera app still shows a black screen. Also skype and other tools do not allow use of the camera

henkde wilde, May 14, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

[Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. [Solved] Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help - Similar Threads - Solved Camera app

2. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  3. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  4. camera screen black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  5. camera screen black

camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  6. Camera screen black

Camera screen black: Suddenly today when I try to use my integral camera on my Dell PC it is just showing a black screen. The light comes on for the camera and the app opens - the computer thinks it is working normally, it will even take a picture of blackness. I installed software for a slide...
  7. black screen on camera app

black screen on camera app: my camera on my HP laptop is not working - just have a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-camera-app/6f0e70d8-d3a7-4a28-ad76-49e532c15543
  8. Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app does NOT activate camera - Black Screen - Could use some help: I run Win10 on my tower and I can't seem to get the camera to turn on via the Camera app or Discord as I only get a blacj screen. It sits there turned off until a program activates it best way to describe it. It works great with video capturing programs like Skype, HTC,...
  9. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

BLACK SCREEN CAMERA: Hi everyone, I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated. when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached. I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But...
  10. Black screen camera

Black screen camera: Hi, when I open the camera application, it shows a black screen. It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian means...