Windows 10: Solved: Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account?

Discus and support Solved: Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Very similar to this previous question see below except that I can't find a way to do it for Java edition - as far as I can tell it only works for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by -{Dave}-, Jan 7, 2021.

1. -{Dave}- Win User

Solved: Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account?

Very similar to this previous question see below except that I can't find a way to do it for Java edition - as far as I can tell it only works for bedrock edition, but maybe there's something I've missed.

Similar question that doesn't work for me:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...h-family/bae94499-3410-42a9-a0ba-5c601cbf398f

I don't see why it wouldn't work - I had to have a Microsoft account in order to purchase and run it, so it should be shareable in my family group.

:)

-{Dave}-, Jan 7, 2021
  2. ณภัทร.jar, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Armrdillo Win User
    Share Minecraft Dungeons with family

In the past I've successfully shared Minecraft (bought on my account) with my children on the Family account and I was under the assumption that other games bought on my account could be shared with my children in the same way.

However having bought Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition on my account, when I try to install it via the Windows Store on my child's account, it only shows the option to buy the game again and not to install it like it did when I shared Minecraft.

So my question is should I be able to share Minecraft Dungeons with child accounts or not?

Armrdillo, Jan 7, 2021
  4. PacSmit Win User

Solved: Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account?

Share Minecraft with Family

I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now.

Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it with your kids on the family account and can they play it simultaneously?

I find this whole family account and content sharing on the microsoft store very confusing. It is very obvious in the Google play store how that works and there I bough minecraft once and can share it with my kids who can play it simultaneously.

PacSmit, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Solved: Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Solved share Minecraft

2. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  3. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  4. Game Pass Ultimate can't share the Minecraft Java Version with family accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass Ultimate can't share the Minecraft Java Version with family accounts?: Hello,I have the Game Pass Ultimate and I can't start the Minecraft Java version on the PC when my son is logged in with his child account. The Windows version works with his account, but with the Java version it tells me that I can only use the demo or I have to buy it. When...
  5. How to share Minecraft with family accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share Minecraft with family accounts: I Just purchased Minecraft on my primary account using the windows store. I swicthed accounts on the same computer to my childs account. I have him in my family group,I opened the windows store in his account to install Minecraft, but it's telling me to purchase again.How...
  6. Sharing Minecraft Java Edition with Microsoft family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Minecraft Java Edition with Microsoft family members: I have purchased Minecraft Java Edition with my Microsoft account and only now find out that the members in my family on my Microsoft account, is not able to play as well as I need to purchase a separate Minecraft account for them. I find this very odd and have looked all...
  7. Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I share Minecraft Java Edition using family sharing on my Microsoft account?: Very similar to this previous question see below except that I can't find a way to do it for Java edition - as far as I can tell it only works for bedrock edition, but maybe there's something I've missed. Similar question that doesn't work for me:...
  8. can't share minecraft with my family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't share minecraft with my family account: I follow steps in this website https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-share-your-pc-game-library-with-your-family/ and there's no minecraft in my family account's store...
  9. Family sharing Minecraft windows 10 edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing Minecraft windows 10 edition.: Hi, I recently just bought Minecraft on my 'adult' account me and my son are in the family group. Can i family share this so he can use it with his account? many thanks, Leonidas Sharpe...
  10. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now. Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it with your kids on the family account and can they play it simultaneously? I find this whole family account and content...