Windows 10: [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

Discus and support [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been searching for the answer to this for quite a while and have not found a satisfactory answer until today, but on my own, not on the Internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RiversideRepeat, Jan 9, 2024.

1. [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

I've been searching for the answer to this for quite a while and have not found a satisfactory answer until today, but on my own, not on the Internet. I'm actually very surprised this isn't easier to find online since the solution is so utterly simple!The answer is, YES. YES you can create your own shortcuts to Metro apps and it is surprisingly easy:First, open a file explorer window and paste this address into the address bar at the top:%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}Press enter. This opens the applications folder that can't be opened any other way su

:)

RiversideRepeat, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 9, 2024
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 9, 2024
  4. [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 9, 2024
Thema:

[SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

1. [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows? - Similar Threads - SOLVED create own

2. [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?: I've been searching for the answer to this for quite a while and have not found a satisfactory answer until today, but on my own, not on the Internet. I'm actually very surprised this isn't easier to find online since the solution is so utterly simple!The answer is, YES. YES...
  3. [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED!] Can you create your own shortcuts to Metro apps in Windows?: I've been searching for the answer to this for quite a while and have not found a satisfactory answer until today, but on my own, not on the Internet. I'm actually very surprised this isn't easier to find online since the solution is so utterly simple!The answer is, YES. YES...
  4. Create my own shortcut of shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create my own shortcut of shortcuts: Hi! Due COVID-19 I am working remote right now and I'm using Remote Desktop Connection app. My problem is that sometimes I want to change fast between the PC from my job and my personal. I am doing that using CTRL + ALT + HOME and WIN + D which is pretty annoying for me. I...
  5. You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth

in Windows 10 News
    You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth: As humans, we've always bonded by sharing stories about the places that matter to us. It likely started around a campfire—elders recounting tales of sites sacred to their people. Today, we use technology to celebrate our ancestry, raise awareness about places we care about,...
  6. Create an app shortcut?

Create an app shortcut?: Create an app shortcut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/create-an-app-shortcut/a60c661c-2fbc-4d54-aa0f-3293e39a2c86
  7. Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts

Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts: Hello all, I have installed a software which will place 4 shortcuts in Start Menu->Programs-> <Vendor folder>. But i could see only 1 shortcut as metro shortcut. Where as if i open the file location, i could see all the 4 shortcuts in the location. For example, Bomgar...
  8. Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection

Metro APPS - Check your Internet Connection: Metro APPS cannot connect to the Internet, however desktop apps can. Please advised thanks! I figured out it was just some apps; 0x80070422 So I tried uninstalling it and I can't get it back now : ( : ( and I can't install any new apps either. : / what's going on!? 38715
  9. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  10. Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript

in Windows 10 News
    Creating your own browser with HTML and JavaScript: Over the past several months, we have made numerous improvements to the Microsoft Edge rendering engine (Microsoft EdgeHTML), focusing on interoperability with modern browsers and compliance with new and emerging standards. In addition to powering Microsoft Edge, EdgeHTML is...