Windows 10: SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

Discus and support SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ashermanrr, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in Word or in an email (I use Office 2010 on Windows 10).

This is the message I get:

SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word 3128a255-e97a-40c2-a70e-b029ab59cd63?upload=true.jpg

SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word 7f7c47c1-6ce8-40b1-8e92-37bb616021cd?upload=true.jpg

I have tried the fixes I have found on this forum - change browser, regedit etc - none work.

My default browser is Chrome but I also use Firefox. The same issue occurs if I change the default browser to Edge.

I am not technical and this is getting very frustrating and is taking up a lot of time try to fix.

Please help.

:)

ashermanrr, Aug 10, 2019
  2. PGR
    PGR Win User

outlook opens word?

If you use a version of Outlook prior to v. 2007, there's a checkbox in one of the preferences tabs which controls this. You can choose Word or Outlook Editor.

V. 2007 no longer includes Outlook Editor, though. It has it's own 'light' verson of Word 2007 built in.

Pete

3. facklera Win User
    breaking hyperlink in Outlook

Problem with a Space character breaking hyperlink in Outlook? There is a space in the link between DC and Employees. When I paste this text into an Outlook note it only makes the first part of it up to DC the link. How do I make the full link a hyperlink in Outlook so it does not stop after the first space?

facklera, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

outlook opens word?

Yes it does. *Smile SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word :) Outlook uses word for message composition.

Silverel, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

1. SOLVED - cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word - Similar Threads - SOLVED cannot open

2. Hyperlinks in Word not working.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Hyperlinks in Word not working.: I use the Word document program from Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. My OS is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, and I use Firefox as my browser. I like to copy a hyperlink from the Internet onto my Word page. Normally I then use the return key, or space bar, and the...
  3. cannot open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Outlook: After changing a provider, can't open Microsoft Outlook.Help me to regain access to my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-outlook/62fa0c89-de8b-4e47-a5c8-0cbfb3bca123
  4. Microsoft Outlook 2013 and hyperlinks in emails are not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2013 and hyperlinks in emails are not opening: I still use Microsoft Outlook 2013 and for the last several months the emails I receive from known addresses with hyperlinks included are not able to be opened. A message appears telling me to contact my administrator. If I go to webmail and check emails a different way the...
  5. cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook OR Word: My PC installed an update last week (but I cannot find it in the update list). Since then I can not open any hyperlinks regards of whether it is in Word or in an email (I use Office 2010 on Windows 10). This is the message I get: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have tried the...
  6. Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook hangs on inserting Hyperlink: Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install MS office and configure Outlook. 2. Type some text- lets say- Prashant Dhasmana. 3. Select the text and right click and select - Hyperlink. 4. Now, navigate to the browser using "Alt+tab" key- to copy the url you want to paste on that...
  7. Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010: I was reading an article today that stated there was a vulnerability that, even though IE was not your default browser, access could be gained by clicking on a file of a particular file type associate with IE. Since Microsoft has been encouraging people to not use IE I...
  8. Word, Excel outlook not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word, Excel outlook not opening: when I try to open any of the following Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint outlook nothing happens. The screen just spins for ever and it is not working and no error message is given...
  9. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...
  10. Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010: I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily. Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010,...