Windows 10: SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11

Discus and support SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago I posted the following - which started a small thread that is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sathyme, Jun 21, 2024.

1. sathyme Win User

SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11

A few months ago I posted the following - which started a small thread that is now locked:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-preview-audio-in-file-explorer-in-windows-11/54dafccd-32eb-46b4-9718-4d53dc71a544I FOUND the solution!!Go to File Explorer and open any folder that has audio files - like MP3'sRight Click on the MP3You'll See "OPEN WITH" - it will probably have the default setting already checked which is MEDIA PLAYERCHANGE IT TO: WINDOWS Media Player LEGACYSAVEAND NOW you can preview your audio file like normal!WHY WOULD THEY NOT tell Us this - ANYWHERE! - WH

:)

sathyme, Jun 21, 2024

2. Preview in File Explorer with Edge

Hello, Babak38.

To do this follow the steps below.

• Press WINDOWS + i on your keyboard
    • Click on "APPS" then click on Default apps
    • Click on Microsoft Edge browser
    • Then in the "PDF" option you choose which default browser you want to open files in PDF format.

Patrick Henrique., Jun 21, 2024
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 21, 2024
  4. SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11

How to Disable Preview Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View Tab.
    • Click on Preview Pane to view\hide it.

Refer:

How to work with files and folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11

1. SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - SOLVED Can't Preview

2. preview files with ondrive windows 11 file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preview files with ondrive windows 11 file explorer not working: I cannot use file preview with onedrive windows 11 file explorer - It does not work and I have tried posted fixes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-files-with-ondrive-windows-11-file/8c7680cb-7dc1-4498-9baa-ff7993f09b2d
  3. preview files with ondrive windows 11 file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    preview files with ondrive windows 11 file explorer not working: I cannot use file preview with onedrive windows 11 file explorer - It does not work and I have tried posted fixes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-files-with-ondrive-windows-11-file/8c7680cb-7dc1-4498-9baa-ff7993f09b2d
  4. SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED! Can't Preview/Play Audio Files in File Explorer in Windows 11: A few months ago I posted the following - which started a small thread that is now locked:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-preview-audio-in-file-explorer-in-windows-11/54dafccd-32eb-46b4-9718-4d53dc71a544I FOUND the solution!!Go to File Explorer and...
  5. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  6. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  7. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!: For a few months, the file previews of .pdf files in Windows 10 file explorer have been displayed as the parent directory folder tree, instead of the actual document I had saved as .pdf and it has been driving me absolutely mad! I have tried selecting different apps with...
  8. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!: For a few months, the file previews of .pdf files in Windows 10 file explorer have been displayed as the parent directory folder tree, instead of the actual document I had saved as .pdf and it has been driving me absolutely mad! I have tried selecting different apps with...
  9. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...