Windows 10: SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes

Discus and support SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where did you download the ISO File. Try downloading again from here Windows ISO Download Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rowow, Jan 25, 2017.

1. essenbe Win User

SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes

Where did you download the ISO File. Try downloading again from here Windows ISO Download

essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  2. rowow Win User

I used the Microsoft windows 10 USB creation tool. Now that I am downloading the ISO, what should I use to create the USB tool, any usb iso burner for example like Rufus?

rowow, Jan 26, 2017
  3. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  4. rowow Win User

Thats what I use normally on all my installations. Ill try the ISO this time.

rowow, Jan 26, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    Try a clean install and install nothing at all and see if you get BSODs. I would think, if you do, it is a good chance of a hardware problem.

essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  6. rowow Win User
    Just did the usb install, after it finished installation it hanged on the "Hi" screen for 10+ mins. Clearly a hardware problem. I tested the system with another working GPU but it still crashes. Ran a mem86 test and it passed. Did a clean wipe and fresh install on a new hard drive and that didnt work. So either a CPU or MB problem. Are you able to determine the culprit from the BSOD reports? So I can get a new cpu/or mb to test.

rowow, Jan 26, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    No, I seriously doubt it. Try memtest86+ again. It must run for 8 complete passes in order to work. ttry it this way. Your system specs show 16GB of ram. It will take around 18 hours to run 8 passes. Also, if you can, please take a picture of the screen and upload it just before you shut it down. If you get an error before the 8 passes, you can stop the test right then. Even 1 error is a failure.

Please Run Memtest86+

SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes [​IMG]

SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  8. rowow Win User

Ill try it agian. Better to be sure then waste $200. And what exactly do you mean "take a picture"? You mean a picture of mem86 results?

rowow, Jan 26, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    Yes, use your cell phone or a camera. It doesn't have to be a good picture, just good enough for us to read the screen. The link for the test is above. Make sure to run memtest86+ not memtest86. The tests are very different no matter how close the names are.

If you want to try one more clean install, disconnect all hard drives except the one you are installing Windows to. Have nothing at all connected to your computer other than the Monitor, keyboard and mouse, and the installation USB. Before starting go into BIOS and set the BIOS to optimized defaults. save an exit. No overclocks of anything. It will take longer but select to download updates during the install. Read through this to make sure everything is done right and have a copy of your personal files on external media before starting. Windows 10 - Clean Install

essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  10. rowow Win User
    Ok, ive started memtest86+ and ill let it run all night to tomorrow (which should be 20 hours). Ill report tomorrow with a picture on how the test went. But out of curiosity what indicates that this is not a hardware problem? I just want to learn for future reference.

rowow, Jan 26, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    I was saying that if the clean install does not work it looks like it probably is a hardware problem. There is no reason I know of that your rig cannot run Windows 10, so the issue could very likely be a hardware problem.

essenbe, Jan 26, 2017
  12. rowow Win User
    Done 9 passes, 0 errors. Attached photo to this reply in a compressed zip file (otherwise the uploading page just crashes)

rowow, Jan 28, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

What CPU Temp monitoring program do you use? Your CPU temps look a little high, especially for memtest.

Attachment 118980

essenbe, Jan 28, 2017
  14. rowow Win User
    I monitor it through open hardware monitor.
    What temperature is it normally supposed to be at?

rowow, Jan 28, 2017
  15. essenbe Win User
    I'm not sure about your CPU, but mine runs memtest and finishes around 38°C. What CPU Cooler do you have. What temps do you get when you game or something stressful on your CPU?

essenbe, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

1. SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes - Similar Threads - SOLVED critical process

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Can’t Solve Critical Process Died

Can’t Solve Critical Process Died: For a couple of days ive been looking up solutions to my problem. Firstly, know that i can not boot into any safe modes. My error is Critical Process Died... ive tried the sfc scannow method but i get an error at a 100 percent. Ive tried the dism methods to fix this and...
  9. Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died

Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died: Hi there, not sure if this is the right place but I'm having some big issues with my laptop since the last 4 days. The situation I'm getting seemingly random freezes, they start off by me being able to still move the cursor but not being able to do anything else, then I...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....