Windows 10: SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes

Discus and support SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Should I try under clocking the CPU to make it run slower? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rowow, Jan 25, 2017.

1. rowow Win User

SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes

Should I try under clocking the CPU to make it run slower?

rowow, Jan 28, 2017
  2. essenbe Win User

No, if you are overclocking, stop. If you are running stock, leave it like it is. What are the answers from the post above?

essenbe, Jan 28, 2017
  3. rowow Win User
    The question for what I use to monitor temperature? Its open hardware monitor Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget
    Although I didn't install it on the new harddrive as I cant install it without crashing every 10 seconds. However i'm using a amd 9590fx and to run it stock you need a water cooler. I have a 240mm AIO water cooling system but it could be not enough if your saying the temperatures are high. Which is why I wanted to run it below stock as some people have done.

Amd FX 9590 : Underclocking in BIOS - [Solved] - CPUs
    FX-9590 underclocking?

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

How long will the computer run before it will BSOD? Please go into BIOS and tell me the CPU and Motherboard temps. Also what are the values for your +12V, +5V and the +3.3V. Let it run in BIOS for a while and see if it will crash while in bios.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
  5. rowow Win User
    Its random on the crashes. Mostly on startup, sometimes (very rarely) I can get it running for a minute or more past startup. If I shut off the system for a while (for example over night) then it will run for a minute or more on the first boot. Going into safemode seems to not get it a BSOD. I haven't tried it for long but I can get a couple minutes in. Going into bluescreen with networking also doesnt have problems at first, I can get a minuite or two online then it crashes.
    CPU temp: 50C
    MB temp: 31C
    CPU v: 1.452v
    3.3v: 3.264v
    5v: 5.142v
    12v : 12.046v

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    Voltages look good. Have you ever used Linux and do you have access to another computer?

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
  7. rowow Win User
    I have access to another computer

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

Try this for me. Download Linux Mint Live and burn it to a DVD or USB drive. Boot into the DVD/USB and run it from there. It will run out of ram and will install nothing unless you tell it to install (do not install it). Everything will work. Just run that as long as you can and see if you BSOD. It may tell us a few things. Let me know how long it ran and what happens. It may seem unfamiliar to you, but it will have the programs and a browser. You will be able to do most anything you want to. Just nothing you download will save. It does not matter which one you download, but I would suggest you use the X64 version.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
  9. rowow Win User
    Well a BSOD on Linux is something I never heard of. But currently almost a hour in downloaded couple programs, watching youtube, no problems... Is there anything I could try to stress test the system?

Otherwise on a off topic note i'm really liking mint. Ill install it on my laptop to mess around with when im traveling. Otherwise sadly I cant have it running as the OS for my main desktop.

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  10. essenbe Win User
    Are you saying you haven't had a BSOD? Do I recall correctly? You did a clean install of Windows 10 and began having BSODs? What, other than the OS did you install? I thought you said only Chrome. Am I correct? I need to know everything you installed on Windows 10 before the BSODs started. If I got something wrong, please tell me.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
  11. rowow Win User
    I did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64x pro NO ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS and still got BSOD, freezes, crashes.
    Installed linux mint, no problems. Currently 1.5 hours in without any issues.

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    Just try to keep it running and see if it keeps on working OK.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
  13. rowow Win User

I let it run overnight so its 18 hours now and no problems or issues.

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  14. rowow Win User
    Haha, just jinxed myself... After posting that message I went off to do chores and came back to a black screen. Moving the mouse, typing things on the keyboard/etc does not wake up the system. The monitor is on but its black.

I left it as it is and am waiting on what I should do next

rowow, Jan 29, 2017
  15. essenbe Win User
    did it go to sleep and couldn't wake up? Try restarting.

essenbe, Jan 29, 2017
Thema:

1. SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes - Similar Threads - SOLVED critical process

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Can’t Solve Critical Process Died

Can’t Solve Critical Process Died: For a couple of days ive been looking up solutions to my problem. Firstly, know that i can not boot into any safe modes. My error is Critical Process Died... ive tried the sfc scannow method but i get an error at a 100 percent. Ive tried the dism methods to fix this and...
  9. Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died

Laptop freezing + bsod critical process died: Hi there, not sure if this is the right place but I'm having some big issues with my laptop since the last 4 days. The situation I'm getting seemingly random freezes, they start off by me being able to still move the cursor but not being able to do anything else, then I...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....