Windows 10: [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

Discus and support [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm running win 10 and have File History set up on an external drive because everybody needs a backup. What I don't need is two. I'm reasonably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jcdh94, Oct 7, 2019.

1. jcdh94 Win User

[Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

So I'm running win 10 and have File History set up on an external drive because everybody needs a backup. What I don't need is two.
    I'm reasonably computer savvy, so I tried figuring it out, did some googling, but nothing has led me to a solution.

The problem is this:
    File History folder is exactly where I want it to be, doing exactly what I want it to do.
    There's a second folder on the same drive titled "backup USERDATA oct 6 2018". I have no idea why I would have set up a second backup in the first place. All of the dates on the files are *extremely* incorrect, going as far as saying the modified date is earlier than the created date. It is, however, up to date w recent files.

I figured it might be a system restore kind of folder, but when I go to the control panel settings for 'Backup and Restore (windows 7)' and that seems to be pretty clear there is no backup of such a kind.

I'm lost and would just really to be able to remove 415GB of data from a very crowded drive. Though I'm scared to delete it in case it *is* somehow linked to File History (I know it isn't, and yet...) because there's older versions of files in file history i might need later and it's too much to copy elsewhere.

:)

jcdh94, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown. [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Oct 7, 2019
  3. backup original firmware

Hello together,

is it possible to backup original firmware of a nokia phone before updating it ?

If not, where can I get original firmware of my phone ?

Any suggestions ?

petron---01, Oct 7, 2019
  4. [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on
      “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy”
      double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to
      stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

[Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

1. [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown. - Similar Threads - Solved Double backup

2. Unkown error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown error: Keep getting - srvCrt32.exe pop up. I try to delete the pop up, but then I get dllTemp32.exe pop up. Any ideas what this is and how to stop it? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unkown-error/879963f6-cb6b-4c5f-86fb-05e74815c337
  3. Unkown error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown error: Keep getting - srvCrt32.exe pop up. I try to delete the pop up, but then I get dllTemp32.exe pop up. Any ideas what this is and how to stop it? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unkown-error/879963f6-cb6b-4c5f-86fb-05e74815c337
  4. Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner: I have 2 internal physical HDDs equally sized. Internal physical HDD #1 drive c:\ is for the Windows OS and existing programs etc. Drive #2, is the 2nd internal physical HDD drive E:\ is for Windows backups/restore points. I was hoping to also backup my personal data/files on...
  5. Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner: I have 2 internal physical HDDs equally sized. Internal physical HDD #1 drive c:\ is for the Windows OS and existing programs etc. Drive #2, is the 2nd internal physical HDD drive E:\ is for Windows backups/restore points. I was hoping to also backup my personal data/files on...
  6. Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. speaker unkown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker unkown: Audio service not running. Windows audio access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-unkown/3c7ec15c-56ec-44b5-83f0-fdae14c2295c
  8. Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.: So I'm running win 10 and have File History set up on an external drive because everybody needs a backup. What I don't need is two. I'm reasonably computer savvy, so I tried figuring it out, did some googling, but nothing has led me to a solution. The problem is this: File...
  9. Solve Backup Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Solve Backup Error: Using Backup & Restore, this is the third night I got backup errors (red X), but the first time I saw the message. "Backup failed on shadow copy on source volume got deleted. Might be caused by high write activity on the volume. retry backup.. Consider increasing shadow...
  10. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...