Windows 10: [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

Discus and support [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just installed a new (used) GPU and now cannot move mouse to second screen. Titan X GTX 12GB card. Monitors same make and model. ( Worked fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by paulckruger, Jul 10, 2021.

1. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

I just installed a new (used) GPU and now cannot move mouse to second screen. Titan X GTX 12GB card. Monitors same make and model. ( Worked fine on prior GPU ) Second monitor has taskbar but no desktop icons. If I open programs that previously had panes on each monitor they return to original position as expected but cannot mouse over to access the program. When I open the display settings window it opens on the monitor without a mouse so I cannot drag displays around without a mouse. I can tab through settings but nothing there solves anything. If I try "detect" is says no second monitor found however in advance settings it clearly shows and correctly identifies both monitors. Win 10 | 10.0.19043 Could this be driver related or is it a Win 10 problem with dual monitors? It would be easier to work on this if I knew of a way to move the settings screen to the active monitor screen. Any ideas? - - - Updated - - - [SOLVED] Solved by experimenting. First task was to get the settings window on a screen with a mouse. I tabbed down to "Make this my default" and then had a mouse on same monitor as settings window. I checked the monitors. All okay. Same make, model and resolution etc. Still no mouse on #2 So tried changing resolution to lower seeing and got a mouse back on #2 but that screen was compressed in size ( blank borders appeared) I then changed resolution back to the original size and then everything was fine. Both monitors full screen and mouse now works as it should. Guess Win 10 was taking a nap..got confused. Thanks ya'all

:)

paulckruger, Jul 10, 2021

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Problems while extending and duplicating on my second monitor

Hi there!

So I wanted to get a dual monitor for my laptop so I found a monitor at home. Its an NEC LCD monitor which takes a VGA cable for input. So I got a HDMI to VGA adapter, plugged it into my Laptop (Asus X510UAR) and it worked flawlessly. All the projection modes such as PC only, Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen.

But when i wend to adjust the resolution for the second monitor in the display setting, idk what i pressed accidentally, but now my second monitor shows a black screen during Duplicate mode and while extending to the dual monitors, the mouse cursor does shift to another screen, but the dual screen is still black(even though apps are working on it. And when i switch to only the second screen, the second screen works completely fine(Indicating that the hardware is absolutely fine)

I've tried with many forum suggestions such as changing the resolution of both the screens as well as changing the primary monitors and the configuration of both the screens and orientation as well but no luck. I've even tried changing the Microsoft administrator account to a new account to reset to the default setting but no luck there as well. And other ways to reset to the default setting weren't possible on my laptop.

Please do suggest what could be the possible ways to solve the issue which wasn't there when i initially started.

Thanks!

Windows Version 1903(OS Build 18362.592)

vanshaeeee, Jul 10, 2021
  4. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

[SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen.

1. [SOLVED] Dual monitors no mouse on second screen. - Similar Threads - SOLVED Dual monitors

2. Mouse to second monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse to second monitor screen: Hello! I'm using ASUS Vivobook laptop and I have a second screen. I can move my mouse to the second screen however, there's a delay of like 2-3 seconds and a blue spinning light appears on my mouse when I put my mouse on the edge of the screen to hover to the second screen....
  3. Mouse to second monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse to second monitor screen: Hello! I'm using ASUS Vivobook laptop and I have a second screen. I can move my mouse to the second screen however, there's a delay of like 2-3 seconds and a blue spinning light appears on my mouse when I put my mouse on the edge of the screen to hover to the second screen....
  4. Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor, Second monitor Blank.: Win10 Home Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 just updated before posting, was having problem in 20H2 also.I have a laptop with an external monitor attached. It has worked for several years now. Yesterday it broke..The second monitor is not getting a signal . If I turn the...
  5. Dual Monitor - second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor - second monitor not working: I am currently trying to set up a second monitor for my desktop. I have an ACER KG221Q for my primary monitor which is plugged into my graphics card with a HDMI. The second monitor is an old one that we had around the house. It is an ASUS VH203 and is plugged in with a VGA...
  6. Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen

Dual Monitor Issue with Opening files on second screen: I have hooked up a monitor to my laptop with an HDMI cord, gone to control panel, display, selected extend the display and applied. I can see the windows logo on the monitor and the mouse works on both but I can't drag an open file or document to the second screen....
  7. Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors: put second monitor to sleep on lock screen: Hello, is there a way to put second monitor to sleep when lock screen is on? When I lock computer, my second monitor is black (normal behaviour), so i want to turn it off automatically to save power, and leave primary monitor on. Thanks. submitted by /u/PovilasC [link]...
  8. Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors

Mouse sticks between screens of dual monitors: How do I keep my mouse from sticking between dual moniters? I run windows 10, should I go back to 8? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-sticks-between-screens-of-dual-monitors/438a3028-b407-44fe-a851-8e4aa10f6549
  9. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  10. Dual monitors question. The direction I have to move the mouse to reach the second screen...

Dual monitors question. The direction I have to move the mouse to reach the second screen...: Basically, I currently have to move the mouse to the left of the first screen in order to appear on the second screen which is physically located to the right of the first and vice versa. I want to change that in order to keep my sanity. How do I do this without physically...