[SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"

Discus and support [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions" in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaindil, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Vaindil Win User

Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions" version. Does anyone know what the difference is between these?

:)

Vaindil, Jul 28, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 28, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it :(

oh gawd wat to do ? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx :)

musum, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Hyrosion17 Win User

I would like to know it too!

Hyrosion17, Jul 29, 2015
  5. star Win User
    According with MSDN portal (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sub.../#FileId=64695), the "Multiple Editions" does include Windows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Home.

Hope it helps.

6. Vaindil Win User
    I ended up downloading both and checking them with the following command: Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim[/quote] star is correct, the "Multiple Editions" ISO contains 10 Home and 10 Pro, whereas the Education ISO is (obviously) just the Education edition.

Vaindil, Jul 29, 2015
  7. TheOne320 Win User
    star is correct, the "Multiple Editions" ISO contains 10 Home and 10 Pro, whereas the Education ISO is (obviously) just the Education edition.[/quote] But you only get one key for the "Windows 10 Multiple Editions 32/64-bit", so can the key activate both home and pro?

TheOne320, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Vaindil Win User

That I do not know. I would say it probably works on either, but that would be very abnormal for MS to do. I'm only going to activate the Education edition when I install tonight, but once I'm up and running I can spin up a couple VMs to check activation on each of the two editions. I'll report back afterward.

Vaindil, Jul 29, 2015
  9. TheOne320 Win User
    Ok, I found out, that the key is for the Pro version.

TheOne320, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Daevin Win User
    Be careful with that; apparently the EDU key you get from DreamSpark will expire when your college/university/institution sets your account status to graduate. Source: my boss at college.

Daevin, Jul 30, 2015
  11. myworld Win User
    TheOne320 and Vaindil

Did you both did CLEAN install using DreamSpark Multipal Edition Windows 10 Key (Format full hard drive and install fresh)
    OR
    you have to do UPGRADE first from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 and Then you use the DreamSpark key to do clean install???

I also got the multiple editions key but i do not want to do Upgrade. I want to do Fresh Clean Install.

So please let me know how you used DreamSpack Key to install Windows 10.

myworld, Jul 30, 2015
  12. TheOne320 Win User
    The Dreamspark versions always allow a clean install. The method you described is only needed because the free 7/8->10 upgrade does not give you a license key that can be activated separately.

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  13. myworld Win User

Thank you TheOne320Thank for clarifying this. So with Windows 10 DreamSpark key i can do the clean install and no need to go through upgrade process.

One more question about DreamSpark key. Can i use this key to do multiple installation on 3 different computers? I have two laptops and a desktop so Can same key work on all 3 PCs and All of them can be activated?

myworld, Jul 30, 2015
  14. TheOne320 Win User
    No, the key is only for one machine, but it is not bound to it, so later pc changes work. You can get more keys than one. Just "buy" the Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) in different languages. For example I "bought" it on English-US, English-UK and German. The key is not bound to a language, so you can use the three keys for one language.

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  15. myworld Win User
    I tried as you said to buy other language windows 10 but it is not allowing me to buy it. I think my school only allows One Key per product. It is saying i already order 1 Windows 10 so i can not longer order it more.

[​IMG]

myworld, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

[SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions" - Similar Threads - SOLVED Education Multiple

1. GWXUX.EXE error How to solve?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    GWXUX.EXE error How to solve?: GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to sometimes, for nor reason, get an error that says “GWXUX has stopped working” or “GWXUX – application error”. Even though the...
  2. How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error: GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to sometimes, for nor reason, get an error that says “GWXUX has stopped working” or “GWXUX – application error”. Even though the...
  3. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Windows 10 Home, Version 103, OS Build 17134.1, WiFi Network works for Internet. I cannot access either computer from the other with the removal of Home Groups. I have spent three hours reading help files, tutorials, etc, and have come up with nothing that will eliminate...
  4. No internet connection solved

No internet connection solved: Hello, I just wanted to share my experience of not being able to connect to the internet after updating to W10 Creators update (Build 16299.rs3 170928-1535) and how I got it working. After numerous attempts at all the fixes I could find on numerous websites this is what I...
  5. No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved)

No permssion to access from one computer to the other (Solved): Caledon Ken: Thanks, but I am still confused--and that was after I had just read at least three or four more on-line articles about this. Let me start, in no particular order: 1. Again I have two computers, John-PC1 (mine), and my wife's, which is John-PC. Thus, on...
  6. Ubuntu on Windows - accessing Network drives - solved

Ubuntu on Windows - accessing Network drives - solved: Hi folks tinkering around with UBUNTU on Windows (WSL) -- great fun You can access Networked drives without using SAMBA This command does it : sudo mount -t drvfs '\\server\share' /mnt/share haven't worked out though how to "get at" Windows local drives....
  7. SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login: I'm trying to remotely troubleshoot a problem that an elderly family member is having with her laptop. After going through airport security on her current trip and the usual x-ray screening, she flew to her destination without incident. But when she arrived at her destination...