Windows 10: [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"

Discus and support [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; yeah, then you will have to go through the upgrade process on two machines and only use the dreamspark key on one pc. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaindil, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TheOne320 Win User

[SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"

yeah, then you will have to go through the upgrade process on two machines and only use the dreamspark key on one pc.

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JosepAP Win User

Why?
    They provide a key for Windows multiple editions, I assume that you can use it in order to activate one of them, but in my case I want the Home version.

JosepAP, Jul 30, 2015
  3. TheOne320 Win User
    The disk is just called "multiple editions" because microsoft just made one iso for Home and Pro. The key decides which version you get. The Pro versions has all features of the home edition. Why would you want less?

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  4. JosepAP Win User

What do you mean by "The key decides which version you get" ? Then the multiple editions is in fact the PRO edition?

I would prefer the Home version because the PRO version has a lot of features and "extras" that I won't use, and it will consume resources.

JosepAP, Jul 30, 2015
  5. TheOne320 Win User
    The disk is multiple versions, but the key is Pro. You can get rid of all your unneeded features using
    [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions" [​IMG]

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  6. myworld Win User
    He means that multiple editions provides you Key for only PRO edition. So you can only use it to install Pro windows 10.

The word Multiple edition means that it is one ISO file for Home and Pro versions. You can input any key you may have purchases in same ISO file and you get home or pro based on your key.

DreamSpark only gives you key for Pro version and not for home.

myworld, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Superfly Win User
    Nope, I finished my studies 2 yrs ago - all my keys are still active. It's just another MSDN branch - Technet keys are still active as well.

Superfly, Jul 30, 2015
  8. TheOne320 Win User

Yeah, but this is the first time MS made a special Education version and he meant that version can get deactivated. I hope that is not true.

TheOne320, Jul 30, 2015
  9. JosepAP Win User
    Oh did not know that, thank you! *Smile

JosepAP, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Seko Win User
    It shouldn't get deactivated.
    From dreamspark EULA :

End of Student Status. The DreamSpark Direct Subscription is a special offering for students. Once you no longer qualify for the DreamSpark Direct Subscription (due to graduation or otherwise no longer meeting the definition of "you" above), your DreamSpark Direct Subscription will terminate; however, you may continue to use the software you obtained prior to termination of your student status subject to the terms of this agreement.

11. Mansome Win User
    I can also confirm this. I been gone since December and all my stuff still works. Heck I just reinstalled office 2013 last weekend just fine.

Mansome, Aug 11, 2015
  12. but i see no where there is mentioned office 2013 in the dreamspark premium ? how did you reinstalled or which key you used . because i also have dreamSpark premium account from my university and have access to total 224 softwares but there is lot of Office stuff there but no office 2013 , i see office suite 2007 but i guess that there is no office 2013 in it. please explain how did you do that ?

salluhassan, Sep 2, 2015
  13. MaXi32 Win User

MaXi32, Sep 7, 2015
  14. Yeah you are absolutely right and did you installed the windows 10 Edu?

salluhassan, Sep 9, 2015
  15. Mansome Win User
    The school I went to had worked out a deal to have an extra store that gave students the option for office. It was still Dreamspark just a different kind of license. We had to log into a separate store just for that. I know for Dreamspark premium there is an option to get Access 2013, Project 2013 and Visio 2013. All of which are separate from the main office suite. The current University I work for has at least 10 different Dreamspark stores based on the major the student is in. Most have the same software but there are a few that have a few extra that the other stores dont have. Again its all based on what license they use when setting up the store that determines what your going to see.

Mansome, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions" - Similar Threads - SOLVED Education Multiple

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  6. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education vs Pro education - WIN 10: My friend needs my help to format some computers at a new school.The school already has office 365 educational licese.I just downloaded WIN 10 ISO. I found there are two version one called education and other Pro education. What are the difference please?Which version can I...
  7. Education vs Pro education - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use

in Windows 10 Support
    Dreamspark's pro vs education edition for a long term use: Hi, Should I get the education or the multiple editions version from dreamspark? As far as I understand, edu is like pro but contains more features mainly for enterprises. 1. What about the security sector? can I as an individual user benefit from features like Device...
  9. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153
  10. Windows 10 Pro vs Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Education: So I recently discovered that I can get a copy of Windows 10 Education from my school for free, and I was wondering if that would be a good upgrade. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, but based on the few comparison tables I could find Education seems to be on par with...