Windows 10: SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10...

Discus and support SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wanted to share a solution I found to the 0x00F0805 product key error after a lot of searching, finding similar questions, and no comprehensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Logkn, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Logkn Win User

SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10...

I wanted to share a solution I found to the 0x00F0805 product key error after a lot of searching, finding similar questions, and no comprehensive answers. Note: while this is the solution I found for upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education, it should work for any valid upgrade path see step 2.

After installing Windows 10 on my device by default installed Windows 10 Home without a product key, I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Education, which my university did give me a product key for. When I tried to manually change the product key in Settings->Update & Security->Activation, that's when I encountered the 0x00F0805.

If that sounds like something you're running into, here's what worked for me:

1. Search for Command Prompt, right click, and click "Run as administrator."

2. Type:

dism /online /get-targeteditions

You should see:

Editions that can be upgraded to:

Target Edition : ...
    Target Edition : ...

If the version you have a product key for is in this list, this means you don't have to do a completely new install of Windows.

3. Type the following line to enter your product key through the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs /ipk <your 25-digit product key>

ex

slmgr.vbs /ipk 12345-ABCDE-67890-FGHIJ-12345

4. If it works for you, it will say yourproduct key was entered properly! You can check the Activation tab in settings to verify the change was implemented.

:)

Logkn, Jun 29, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 29, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jun 29, 2020
  4. SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10...

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10...

1. SOLVED Error 0x800F0805 Installing Product Key Windows 10 Home to Windows 10... - Similar Threads - SOLVED Error 0x800F0805

2. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  3. Windows 10 Home product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home product Key: So pretty soon I'm getting a new computer that has Windows 10 Home installed but not activated, im trying to find out if the "Download Windows 10 Home" comes with a product key so I can activate said computer....
  4. Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Product Key: I purchased Windows 10 Home download from amazon.com and the product key they sent does not work. Amazon says contact microsoft. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key/e6a6d87c-0c52-486f-9d78-7425061c3b86
  5. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I ordered Windows through the official Microsoft website two months ago. They said it might take a while to process my order. I haven't yet received a confirmation email, and a key hasn't appeared in my order history. Is there some other way I'm missing to find my key? I'm...
  6. Error 0x800f0805 upgrading to professional from Home Edition with product Key?

Error 0x800f0805 upgrading to professional from Home Edition with product Key?: When I try to put a valid windows 10 pro key into the 'change product key' dialog in windows 10 home I get 'The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one 0x800f0805'...
  7. Windows 10 Update Error: 0x800f0805

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Error: 0x800f0805: Hi. I'm trying to update my pc, but it runs into this problem every time. I tried every tutorial on the internet, but they don't work. Please help I ran an SFC scan, it might help to find the problem faster. log...
  8. Windows 10 Home Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home Product Key: I have this Windows 10 Home Product Key that I am trying to sell, someone gave it to me opened. How do I know if the Product Key is unused and valid? I tried googling it and nothing showed up. I don't want to sell someone a used product. - thanks. submitted by /u/ZacateWZRD...
  9. Windows 10 Home Product Key

Windows 10 Home Product Key: I installed Windows 10 online and it loaded as Pro but I have a Home product key. Microsoft told me to reinstall windows 10 Home from the USB I purchased and that it would change to Home. Well it hasn't. I still show running Pro but only have a product key for home. It hasn't...
  10. Windows 10 update error 0x800f0805

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update error 0x800f0805: Why i cannot update windows 10 version 1909 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-0x800f0805/95cd1a04-4fc4-45cd-a87d-bbba36a04bc9
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The product key you entered didnt work. Check the product key and try again or enter a different one. (0x800f0805)

2. the product key you entered didnt work.check the product key and try again or entered a different one.(0x800f0805)

3. 0x800f0805 product key