Windows 10: solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /...

Discus and support solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, i need some guidance on how to fix an issue with diskpart i hope. My UEFI controlled GPT Windows crashed due to tweaking my ram.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThorstenSixt, Oct 18, 2020.

1. solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /...

Hello there,

i need some guidance on how to fix an issue with diskpart i hope.

My UEFI controlled GPT Windows crashed due to tweaking my ram. Windows updates may have occured before that. I don't know.

The real OS Partition on my ssd is not c: drive anymore. Instead it tries to start win from a 500mb c: partition.

With a windows usb stick i could not fix the issue.

But i could take this screenshot after trying to find a driver:

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... 66c15399-a3a7-4baf-8b24-c02a020a5e7d?upload=true.jpg

with diskpart my only m.2 ssd looks like this:

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... 71b3dda9-2f05-4fb9-b85c-7e34d0c8c7b7?upload=true.jpg

choosing disk 0 reveals:

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... 018f1770-60d1-4093-9064-8aad105fe192?upload=true.jpg

My issue is that in my Asus/Apex xi/ Bios the ssd will show up only as one entry:

Windos Boot Manager - samsung evo // and that entry is mapped to the wrong partition i believe

Somehow C: drive is mapped to partition 1 or 3, instead of my OS on partition 2

Is this fixable via diskpart ?

My Bios settings:

CSM: disabled

OS Type: windows uefi os

Fast boot: disabled usually enabled

Sata Controllers: enabled

Sata Modus: Intel RST Premium with intel optane / i don' have optane btw

M.2_2 PCIE Storage RAID Support: RTS controled

Native Ami nvme driver enabled

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Carlyle

edit: My issue was solved following a YT Video that can be found under "Windows 10 - Repair EFI Partition"

:)

ThorstenSixt, Oct 18, 2020

2. OS on MBR, other disks GPT

Hi,

Problem

I don't see the Data Disks in the Windows Explorer

History: What I had before the problem occurred (worked fine)

• Disk 0: 450GB / NTFS / 4 Partitions / used as Windows Home Server OS Disk
    • Disk 1: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 2: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 3: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk

What I actually have

• Disk 0: 450GB / NTFS / 2 Partitions / used as Windows 10 Pro OS Disk
    • Disk 1: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 2: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    • Disk 3: 4TB / GPT / Used as Data Disk
    What I see in the Windows Disk Management

• Disk 0: Basic, Online

System Reserved, 500MB NTFS, Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)

(Csolved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... :), 465 GB NTFS, Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
    • Disk 1: Basic, Online

2048 GB, Healthy (GPT Protective Partition)

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 2: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 3: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    • Disk 4: Basic, Online

1678 GB, Unallocated
    What I see in the Windows Explorer

• Local Disk (Csolved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... :)
    What am I doing wrong?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

MarcWampfler, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion

The error message you get has nothing to do with your USB drive.

DISKPART LIST DISK shows an asterisk in last, GPT column if the disk is GPT, no asterisk for MBR disk:

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... [​IMG]

In your case, the HDD is GPT, and the USB drive MBR. The most probable cause for your error message is that the computer is a legacy BIOS device, not UEFI. If so, you should convert the HDD (Disk 0) to MBR for installation to work. On BIOS devices, Windows cannot be installed on GPT partitioned disk.

4. Ahhzz Win User

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /...

1. solved //GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems /... - Similar Threads - solved GPT disk

2. Disk partioner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partioner not working: Hello, I recently built a new computer because my old one was kinda getting slow, and since then ive had an 8 terrabyte hard drive installed and have never been able to figure out a way to get it working. When I go into my disk manager I am not given any options of what to do...
  3. Disk partioner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partioner not working: Hello, I recently built a new computer because my old one was kinda getting slow, and since then ive had an 8 terrabyte hard drive installed and have never been able to figure out a way to get it working. When I go into my disk manager I am not given any options of what to do...
  4. [Partially Solved] Cannot convert from MBR to GPT to download Windows 11 and have tried......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Partially Solved] Cannot convert from MBR to GPT to download Windows 11 and have tried......: Edit: I solved it by using a third-party software Paragon Partition Manager, but download at your own risk as it is not affiliated with Microsoft or Windows. It does delete your data so make sure you make a backup but works well in making a disk GPT. However, I'm getting an...
  5. I set the wrong disk partion setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I set the wrong disk partion setting: I set the wrong setting for the **** partition where my storage for my files are on my c drive. When I tried to reboot my PC Into the advanced startup,my PC could not boot. When I switched on my pc,the os cannot boot it says"remove disks or other media. Press any key to...
  6. Delete Partions From a Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Partions From a Disk: I installed a ssd drive in my computer and am going to use the old sata drive for storage. I cloned the old drive to the ssd and all is well. I'm booting up from the new drive and I did something stupid I think. I formated the C section of the old drive no labeled G but now...
  7. GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems / unfixable via...

GPT disk windows 10 tries to load windows from wrong 500mb partion it seems / unfixable via...: Hello there, i need some guidance on how to fix an issue with diskpart i hope. My UEFI controlled GPT Windows crashed due to tweaking my ram. Windows updates may have occured before that. I don't know. The real OS Partition on my ssd is not c: drive anymore. Instead it...
  8. Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion

Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion: In November 2019 A bootable Windows 10 iso was created on a computer with UEFI/GPT. The bootable Windows 10 iso couldn't be used to perform a custom install as the computer displayed: Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style....
  9. Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10: How to: Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10 How to Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk in Windows 10 [img] Information GPT (GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) are two different partition styles that can be used for a disk. MBR disks use the standard...
  10. Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10: How to: Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10 How to Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10 GPT (GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) are two different partition styles that can be used for a disk. MBR disks use the standard BIOS partition...