Windows 10: [SOLVED] Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell

Discus and support [SOLVED] Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded an update and after my computer booted up, I tried opening settings but it couldn't open. It flashes and closes aswell as powershell. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HankHill2, Apr 18, 2021.

1. HankHill2 Win User

[SOLVED] Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell

I downloaded an update and after my computer booted up, I tried opening settings but it couldn't open. It flashes and closes aswell as powershell. I searched up some solutions and none of them work. help frens?

[MY MAN JOHN SOLVED IT, SAY THANKS TO HIM]

:)

HankHill2, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Apr 18, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 18, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell - Similar Threads - SOLVED Help pls

2. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: Hello pls I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc but some of my apps keep giving me the error message “ this app can’t run on your pc” but it opens the first time I download it but once I quit the application it gives the error again pls help I have done sfc scan and different...
  3. I can't open powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open powershell: I have try it in Terminal: but it can't start with error code: [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000]Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-powershell/a72573a4-3714-414e-bddd-dc15d98fa745
  4. I can't open powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open powershell: I have try it in Terminal: but it can't start with error code: [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000]Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-powershell/a72573a4-3714-414e-bddd-dc15d98fa745
  5. I can't open windows security nor make PowerShell an administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open windows security nor make PowerShell an administrator.: Help, I can't seem to open windows security. Every time I do I get told I can't because I don't have an app to open the said program. It then offers a link to the Microsoft store to download said app. But nothing appears 1st image. I can't find it in the app section in the...
  6. I can't open windows security nor make PowerShell an administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open windows security nor make PowerShell an administrator.: Help, I can't seem to open windows security. Every time I do I get told I can't because I don't have an app to open the said program. It then offers a link to the Microsoft store to download said app. But nothing appears 1st image. I can't find it in the app section in the...
  7. Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help, pls. Can't Open Settings nor Powershell: I downloaded an update and after my computer booted up, I tried opening settings but it couldn't open. It flashes and closes aswell as powershell. I searched up some solutions and none of them work. help frens?...
  8. PowerShell can't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell can't open: I need help. Why can't I open the PowerShell window? It keeps on saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". How to solve this problem? What is the restrictions tho? Can somebody help...
  9. help pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help pls: i accidentally downloaded windows 10 on my hdd and want to put in on my ssd. How should i go about this? should i factory reset my pc? would doing this delete windows 10 so that i can re download it onto my ssd? submitted by /u/StonerSloth125 [link] [comments]...
  10. This problem isn't getting solved pls help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This problem isn't getting solved pls help.: I have been passing through problem since long. The Windows Defender got turned off automatically how I don't know. Literally my pc has started using much of the internet pls help and suggest the best option I can use. and if possible please also suggest the cause of...