Windows 10: [SOLVED] HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10...

Discus and support [SOLVED] HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason, starting this morning (9/14/2018), I cannot RDP (mstsc /admin) from my Windows 10 Pro machine to another local Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimcpl, Sep 14, 2018.

1. jimcpl Win User

[SOLVED] HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10...

Hi,

For some reason, starting this morning (9/14/2018), I cannot RDP (mstsc /admin) from my Windows 10 Pro machine to another local Windows 10 Pro machine that I have.

The last time this was working was yesterday.

I can connect and get the login window, but after entering my username and password, it just sits there with the hourglass.

I have rebooted both the target Windows 10 machine and the client Windows 10 machine, but still have the same problem.

Also I ran updates and both machines should be updated to current, but still get the same problem.

winver on the client Windows 10 shows:

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.285

I will post winver from the target machine in a bit...

Anyone help???

Thanks,

Jim

EDIT 1: Just checked on the target Win10 machine and winver shows the same information as above, so both the client and the target are OS Build 17134.285.

EDIT 2: FYI, I have also tried to RDP to some test machines that I have on AWS (Windows 2016 servers) and THOSE RDP are also not working... actually, it looks like they are taking a REALLY, REALLY long time to log in, but I am not sure yet if they eventually get logged in (doing a test again now).

EDIT 3: BTW, on the AWS test, the window is stuck on the blue colored screen and says "Please wait for the Local Session Manager" and has been stuck on that screen for over 5 minutes now.

EDIT 4: It's been quite a long time now and still, two RDP windows, one to my local Windows 10 machine and one to one of my AWS Windows 2016 machine are stuck. Former shows an all black screen with nothing else and latter shows "Please wait..." like before.

EDIT 5: Looking at event viewer on my local Windows 10 target machine, I am seeing some Event ID 10016 and 10010 events that appear to be about the same time as my failed/stuck RDP attempts into that machine.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user BIGBIGWINDOWS\jl SID (S-1-5-21-2178935235-467427185-1411828204-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and how to fix it? I am guessing that SOMETHING might've changed due to some windows update or something as I don't think I purposedly made any changes myself, and this machine gets restarted at least once every day or so, since it is one of my dev machines.

:)

jimcpl, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

[SOLVED] HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10... - Similar Threads - SOLVED HELP Suddenly

2. My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my machine.: Hi.A few days ago, my laptop's Bluetooth just disappeared, it is not on the taskbar, it doesn't appear on Device Manager even after I've enabled the option to show hidden devices the driver is missing, on Settings I have no option to turn it on, I don't know what to do to get...
  3. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  4. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  5. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My Windows 10 Machine Was Downgraded From Windows 10 Pro To Windows 10 Home After A Hard...

My Windows 10 Machine Was Downgraded From Windows 10 Pro To Windows 10 Home After A Hard...: Is there anyway I could get back to the way I had it before?Because this is really important. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-machine-was-downgraded-from-windows/42c9b5be-8c75-4c81-b585-b980a3e39bd1
  7. RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro

RDP not connecting from MacBook to Windows 10 Pro: Both MacBook and Windows Laptop are connected to same wifi. I have provided the IP address of the Windows laptop to connect to it using RDP from MacBook. RDP app in mac is the official Microsoft's one. It asks for username and password. I have given my Microsoft account...
  8. RDP from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro: Hi, I'm struggling to get an RDP with two monitors at destination PC running Windows 7 Pro. Does the destination PC need to be running Enterprise or Ultimate for two screen RDP to be available? submitted by /u/Beardwin [link] [comments]...
  9. My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated: Hello, I really need help with this. I bought my laptop a few months ago and they installed Windows 10 Pro on it. I had no issues until yesterday, when my Windows deactivated, and it is now showing an error. It says " We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't...
  10. HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10 Pro...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Suddenly cannot RDP from my Windows 10 Pro machine to my other Windows 10 Pro...: Hi, For some reason, starting this morning (9/14/2018), I cannot RDP (mstsc /admin) from my Windows 10 Pro machine to another local Windows 10 Pro machine that I have. The last time this was working was yesterday. I can connect and get the login window, but after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp win10 suddenly

2. cannot rdp to another win 10 pro

3. suddenly cannot rdp after windows update