Windows 10: [Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE

Discus and support [Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bones1215, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Bones1215 Win User

[Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE

I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please!

Regards John

:)

Bones1215, Aug 29, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 29, 2019
  3. CmmTch Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Edge

Have you followed through on the instructions completely to reinstall Edge? I don't use Edge, and haven't done this procedure, but this fix worked for two Edge users in the post I linked to. It's an older post and this fix may obsolete/not work with up to date versions of W10, but it's certainly worth a try.

Your reply gives no information about what you did, only what you didn't have, if an item is to be deleted and you can't find it I recommend moving on to the next step. Please list all steps you did, results of each step, and what didn't work in your reply to allow others to assist you.

On the other hand if you follow this process and it works then that's great, no need to do anything except report your success and mark the thread solved.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Slugger Win User

Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge would pop up and then close. I searched all over the net for the solution!

http://superuser.com/questions/94929...0-edge-browser

from link:

" I had faced similar issues with the edge browser. It disappeared one day. There was no way to manually launch the edge browser. Today I was able to fix it.
    First we need to delete the corrupt edge folder. The path => C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Delete the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" Folder
    You may not able to delete the folder itself and 2 or 3 files. but it does'nt matter. Select the folder, Hit Delete, Then if it asks for admin privileges, Just hit skip and then ok . Restart the computer.
    Then Launch Powershell as administrator and run the following command. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
    Hit enter and once the command is executed, Quit powershell and restart the computer to complete the process.
    The edge browser will be back and running in all its glory.
    Please find below the link to the site that has step by step instruction to reinstall the edge browser http://www.techtantri.com/how-to-rei...-edge-browser/

"

Now Microsoft Edge works!

Slugger, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. [Solved]How do I reinstall Microsoft EDGE - Similar Threads - Solved reinstall Microsoft

2. how do i solve this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i solve this: How do i solve this with my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this/b23bc787-d17f-4f3b-9e3d-df71b44d8e71
  3. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve this?: I have tried many ways, such as1. Using these codereg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies"...
  4. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve this?: I have tried many ways, such as1. Using these codereg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies"...
  5. How Do I Solve This?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve This?: When I try to open this folder this pops up. I am not sure how to connect the disc/drive and for some reason It says that I am not connected to a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this/02d971ca-f039-4732-9ab6-c0742fe5ba84
  6. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve this?: I was trying out some settings, and one of them was supposed to close. Now I'm stuck on a solid grey screen. My cursor still works, as well as my task manager, but I don't know how to solve the issue....
  7. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I solve this?: Okay so today I deleted my Manjaro Linux to switch back to Windows 10. When I try to run the installation from my bootable USB it tells me that: A media driver your computer needs is missing. I tried switching the port, checked the bios settings, but nothing seems to work....
  8. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  9. How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reinstall Microsoft eDGE: I have looked at the other answers in this forum and I believe the only cure for Microsoft's Edge is to reinstall it. It is so slow when it doesn't redirect that it is useless. So. Someone guide me on its reinstall please! Regards John...
  10. Reinstalling Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Reinstalling Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge would pop up and then close. I searched all over the net for the solution! http://superuser.com/questions/94929...0-edge-browser from link: " I had faced similar issues with the edge browser. It disappeared one day. There was no way to manually launch...