Windows 10: (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

Discus and support (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jcm000, Feb 28, 2019.

1. jcm000 Win User

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related) Ctrl + Arrow + Shift have stopped working on my system; i.e., nothing happens when I try to use the keys in combination ... but the keys function as expected individually.

So far, I've restored my Windows settings to an earlier point in time to try and fix the issue, but the problem remains across all applications.

Does anyone know of a fix to control this shortcut / hotkey issue?

:)

jcm000, Feb 28, 2019

2. Remap “Windows key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow” to “Alt + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow”

How can I, using AutoHotKey, remap the following:

Windows+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow (which switches virtual desktops on windows 10)

to

Alt+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

or to

Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

Also:

to: Ctrl + up arrow

user920161, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Remap "Windows key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow" to "Fn key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow"

How can I, using AutoHotKey, remap the following:

Windows+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow (which switches virtual desktops on windows 10)

to

Fn+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

EDIT:
    Since this doesn't work, can I have the same (original) combination to:

EDIT2:
    I'll open a new post for the second question

user920161, Feb 28, 2019
  4. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

Windows Key + CTRL + Right Doesn't Work (Desktop Switch)

Hi,

I love the new multiple desktops. However, the desktop switch isn't working for me.

It's an odd bug...

Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Right Arrow Key will not work, but Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Left Arrow Key will work.

Both the left and right arrow keys work when I use the right CTRL key, and the left CTRL key works perfectly fine using an external keyboard.

Any suggestions?

DanielChenery_DM, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

1. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function? - Similar Threads - Solved Restore 'Ctrl

2. restore Ctrl + arrow function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore Ctrl + arrow function: Hello,My toddler reached up and mashed the keyboard for a few minutes before I stopped him. Now, I can no longer use the Ctrl + arrow keys to jump words left or right in any app. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys work as expected, however. I found an old thread from 2019 that...
  3. restore Ctrl + arrow function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore Ctrl + arrow function: Hello,My toddler reached up and mashed the keyboard for a few minutes before I stopped him. Now, I can no longer use the Ctrl + arrow keys to jump words left or right in any app. Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys work as expected, however. I found an old thread from 2019 that...
  4. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  5. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  6. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  7. Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?: I mean using Ctrl + either left of right arrow to move through words. The default behavior ignores underscore (_) as a word delimiter. Is it possible to edit the registry so that it doesn't ignore underscores? submitted by /u/Yearlaren [link] [comments]...
  8. Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+arrow keys not functioning anymore: Hi, From one moment to another my ctrl+arrows hotkeys are not working any more. This holds for: - the office suite: * jumping to edges of tables in excel * jumping words in Word * slowly move images in Powerpoint (also up and down) - explorer or notepad Using...
  9. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow: I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent, so it's not...
  10. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...