Windows 10: [Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10

Discus and support [Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been searching for a way to tag folders in Windows 10 in order to organize my folders containing pictures and documents. Being unable to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pinjoy, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Pinjoy Win User

[Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10

I have been searching for a way to tag folders in Windows 10 in order to organize my folders containing pictures and documents. Being unable to find a suitable solution, I ended up building a simple tool for myself using the resources available on Internet. All I needed was to build a batch file and register it to the system registry without any need to install additional programs. Thinking it could be useful to others, I posted a tutorial video on Youtube. Enjoy and comment!

[Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10 [​IMG]

[Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10 c4b96070-5ec8-4397-ad45-9f4228678ee6?upload=true.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFhSdm4gD8

:)

Pinjoy, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 20, 2019
  4. emh123 Win User

Autocomplete Tags in Windows Explorer Incomplete?

Hi,

I'm currently reorganising several thousand photos, and use the 'tags' feature in Windows Explorer a lot. On my old laptop (Windows 8), I used the autocomplete / tag suggestions, in which previous tags are shown in a drop down list as I type - this saved
    a lot of time for me. However, on this computer (Windows 10) it seems to be incomplete - some tags are showing up in the drop down list, but ones I know I've used are not showing up. The missing tags include ones I entered weeks ago, with many restarts since
    then. The tags are still present on the files to which they were added and the files do correctly show up in search results when searching for those tags, but I still can't get the tags to show up in the suggestions. I've tried changing settings to allow the
    contents of the folder to be indexed, but this hasn't made a difference. I've also tried rebuilding the search index, again this didn't help. I've searched online looking for a solution, but haven't found anyone with this problem.

What should I do in order to get the autocomplete tag suggestions to refresh or update to show the missing tags? Or is there a setting I should change?

Thank you

emh123, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. [Solved] How to Tag Folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Solved Tag Folders

2. Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders: Hello,I would like to ask if anyone has come across any article or official statement from Microsoft stating that folder tagging was not implemented in Windows for a particular reason?I've come across the following post by Pinjoy who also found it hard to find any solution to...
  3. Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders: Hello,I would like to ask if anyone has come across any article or official statement from Microsoft stating that folder tagging was not implemented in Windows for a particular reason?I've come across the following post by Pinjoy who also found it hard to find any solution to...
  4. Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Folder tag info- sorting

Folder tag info- sorting: I need a way to add an editable column for folders that can be sorted. We have a folder on the server that contains all of of our job folders in it that the name start with the job #. There can be 3-400 of these during the course of a year. I'd like to add a column that would...
  6. Tagging FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging FOLDERS: Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up...
  7. Tagging FOLDERS

Tagging FOLDERS: Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up...
  8. Tagging files in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  9. Tagging files in a folder

Tagging files in a folder: I'm a recent user of Windows, being a life long Mac user. If I open a folder on the Mac to show a list of files, I can select and right click on a file and add a coloured tag. It's an easy way to identify different groups of files within the folder. For ex, I might want to...
  10. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders: Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 how to tag folders

2. tag folders in windows 10 without add ons

3. tag & rename does not work in windows

4. tag and rename,
  5. tag&rename forum