Windows 10: [Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?

Discus and support [Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'll start my question with an image of my system tray to illustrate the problem: [ATTACH] As a translator, I have my Windows 10 set up to use 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ksmdksmd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ksmdksmd Win User

[Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?

I'll start my question with an image of my system tray to illustrate the problem:

[Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray? ff9f11d2-e362-4f77-a28a-dc9d2a3d3f1f?upload=true.jpg

As a translator, I have my Windows 10 set up to use 3 input languages: English, Japanese and Chinese. A recent update added an extra input method indicator shown as "ENG" on the top of the image and indicated by the red arrow in the bottom of the image.

The section to the left of the green icon (for the LINE app) is the language bar, which had always shown the current input method and language. So the newly added indicator on the right-hand side is completely unnecessary.

The problem occurs becase I have each window set to remember its activated input method. This is because while I translate into Chinese in one window, I often need to quickly alt-tab to another window and search for something in English or Japanese. The Windows desktop itself is set to default to English (i.e. the "ENG" version).

So say I'm typing Chinese in my browser, and I need to double-click an icon in the system tray. What happens is that my first click takes my current focus from the browser (using the Chinese input method) to the Desktop (which is using the English input method) and the systray changes like in the image shown above. And because the whole row of icons now shifts its position, my second click lands on a different icon.

This is extremely annoying when it happens. Is there a way to completely remove the unnecessary and superfluous "ENG" display next to the clock in the system tray?

:)

ksmdksmd, Jul 10, 2018

2. Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2018
  3. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

[Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray? [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

[Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray? [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, Jul 10, 2018
  4. KomouPoji Win User

[Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?

How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are facing and will try to resolve it the best possible way we can.

System tray cannot be widen manually or Windows do not have the button to do that however they can be re-size the system by checking the buttons of which icons you want to see.

Follow the steps.

• Click start menu
      and click on setting.

• Click on System and select
      notifications & actions.

• Click on “Select which icons appear on the task bar” and select the desire icon you want to see on the system tray.

• Click on “Turn system icons on or off” and select which icons you want to see on system tray.
    Also, you can give your feedback using feedback hub.

Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. [Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray? - Similar Threads - Solved remove superfluous

2. Buttons on system tray unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buttons on system tray unresponsive: All buttons on the system tray is unresponsive in my Windows 10. Couple of weeks ago I did an update on the computer and start having issue. The current issue that I have is the system tray icons are not responsive at all. I want to uninstall the updates or perform system...
  3. Buttons on system tray unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buttons on system tray unresponsive: All buttons on the system tray is unresponsive in my Windows 10. Couple of weeks ago I did an update on the computer and start having issue. The current issue that I have is the system tray icons are not responsive at all. I want to uninstall the updates or perform system...
  4. Buttons on system tray unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove superfluous keybaord layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove superfluous keybaord layout.: When I press spacebat + windows key to swap keybaord layout which is something I do frequently, I've suddenly got an extra US language keybaord that appears from nowhere and doesn't appear in the menu. How can I get rid of it? It's an extra click and on top of the MANY other...
  6. Remove superfluous keybaord layout.

Remove superfluous keybaord layout.: When I press spacebat + windows key to swap keybaord layout which is something I do frequently, I've suddenly got an extra US language keybaord that appears from nowhere and doesn't appear in the menu. How can I get rid of it? It's an extra click and on top of the MANY other...
  7. japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10

japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10: This might have happened when I moved the taskbar or the systems tray to vertical rather than horizontal. But it's back now in horizontal and even after messing with the IME settings in Language Settings, I can't get it the IME thing that lets me switche from English to...
  8. japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10

japanese ime not showing in taskbar or systems tray - Windows 10: This might have happened when I moved the taskbar or the systems tray to vertical rather than horizontal. But it's back now in horizontal and even after messing with the IME settings in Language Settings, I can't get it the IME thing that lets me switche from English to...
  9. SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon

SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon: hi there, I look for a method to hide the arrow icon of system tray, which opens the list of all icons. I have several customization tools like winaero and 7+ taskbar tweaker but none of it helps. the mentioned arrow is pointed on this pic [ATTACH] please any ideas ? any...
  10. Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?

Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?: I'll start my question with an image of my system tray to illustrate the problem: [ATTACH] As a translator, I have my Windows 10 set up to use 3 input languages: English, Japanese and Chinese. A recent update added an extra input method indicator shown as "ENG" on the top...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is that orange icon that briefly appears in my system tray and causes my game to shrink?