Windows 10: Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible

Discus and support Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I see it in the device manager. It is called "cool beans" has all my games and music but can't figure out how to access it. WDC WD10EZ-00KUWAO ATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible

I see it in the device manager. It is called "cool beans" has all my games and music but can't figure out how to access it.

WDC WD10EZ-00KUWAO ATA device
    Disk 0
    Type Basic
    Staus Online
    Partition Style Master Boot Record
    Capacity 953869 MB
    Unallocated space 2 MB
    Reserved Space 0 mb

Any help creating a shortcut to it?

:)

djshamrock, Aug 7, 2015

2. Can I resstore my Win XP files to Win 10 by using a Win XP Backup

I recently purchased Win 10 on a new Computer. I was using Win XP Pro. I made a back of Win XP on my external HD. I have tried to restore win XP files to Win 10 but Win 10 does not recognize my external HD. Earlier I was able to do a backup of Win
    10 on my external HD. Need Help!

IrvinMaymon, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Can I resstore my Win XP files to Win 10 by using a Win XP Backup

I Used Win XP Pro's Backup Utility to do the backup to my external HD. Backup was completed successfully.

I am now trying to do a backup/restore to win 10 using its backup/restore software but it will not recognize my external HD. The external HD shows up in File Explorer, Disk Management, and Device Manager. In fact I have already done a backup of Win 10
    on this external HD.

IrvinMaymon, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible

Open up Disk Management and look for your backup hard drive. Any issues should show up there. If you're not sure post a snapshot of your disk management window.

Snakeyes, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible

1. Solved: Just installed my Win 10 and my backup HD is inaccessible - Similar Threads - Solved installed backup

2. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD: BSOD has rendered my backups in my external hard drive inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-with-backups-inaccessible-in-win-10/6ef3a18b-2791-4129-81d3-d18732e832b6
  3. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD: BSOD has rendered my backups in my external hard drive inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-with-backups-inaccessible-in-win-10/6ef3a18b-2791-4129-81d3-d18732e832b6
  4. External HDD with backups inaccessible in win 10 after BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  6. HD failure after installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HD failure after installing Win 10: I just installed Win 10 Home on a PC that had been running Win 8.1. I did not upgrade, I did a complete install. The install & activation went fine , but shortly afterwards the HD has apparently failed, as now on startup all it will do is check the disk for a long time and...
  7. Win 10 1903 Fails to install 89% - Solved (in my case)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1903 Fails to install 89% - Solved (in my case): For the past few days I have tried to install 1903 with the same results each time. I have an Acer M3970 Tower 6 years old but well maintained All fails were at the 89% area with the fault codes 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an...
  8. win 10 hd backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 hd backup: have a dell 153765 laptop with 1tg and wd 2 tg external hd can i backup my win 10 hard drive with image to this external drive that has other files on it? data backups from this laptop and history files from another pc?...
  9. Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD

Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD: Win 10 no longer recognizes the external 2TB Fantom Drive for backup. 1. Uninstalled the drive using device manager. Cold booted. 2. Plugged in the HD (external power and 3.0 USB connection) 3. Does it's set up thing. Then there is a ! on the USB attached SCSI Mass...
  10. Just curious about my HD ('s)

Just curious about my HD ('s): When I look at the specifications, it shows these: Hard Drives 1 TB (SATA); 6 GB (Solid State Hybrid); 8 GB (Solid State) Does that mean there are three hard drives or is it three-in-one Hard drive? 26414