Windows 10: Solved Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while

Discus and support Solved Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the past few weeks, my laptop has been slowing down after being in game for a few mins. The first 10 mins would be running just fine with high fps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lexritz10, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Lexritz10 Win User

Solved Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while

In the past few weeks, my laptop has been slowing down after being in game for a few mins. The first 10 mins would be running just fine with high fps. After the initial 10 mins, the fps drops drastically until the game becomes unplayable. I tried messing around with the graphic settings and still nothing. I tried quick fixes and solutions on the internet, and recently reinstalled windows to basically factory reset as I thought maybe it was an OS thing and the problem is still there. I checked the task manager and I don't see any other apps/software eating up my CPU/GPU, running at around 20 - 30% each. So then I tried to use Core Temp to see the temperatures of my laptop and its idling at 78 - 81 degrees and would sometime reach 100 in game. Is this normal? Or could this be the root of the problem? Please help!

Specs:

Intel Core i5 - 9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM 16 GB

:)

Lexritz10, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Taskbar can still be clicked when ingame.

Hi,

There may be a need to check out some settings on the PC as well as on the game itself.

That said, please do the following steps first:

• Click on Start and type in Settings on the
      Search
      bar.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar and turn the Lock the taskbar
      to On.
    • Launch the game and see how it goes.
    If the issue is the same, there is also a possibility that there are settings on the InGame that need checking. It would be best to contact the InGame developer and ask about that.

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Apr 25, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Solved Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while - Similar Threads - Solved Laptop Slowing

2. Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.: Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while. If I check wifi speed with other devices it is 200 mpbs. The slow down is not the modem or router. The laptop is at 30 mpbs. If I disable the wifi adapter and then enable it the laptop will be at the 200 mpbs...
  3. Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while.: Wifi speed on my HP laptop slows down after being on for a while. If I check wifi speed with other devices it is 200 mpbs. The slow down is not the modem or router. The laptop is at 30 mpbs. If I disable the wifi adapter and then enable it the laptop will be at the 200 mpbs...
  4. My laptop slightly slows down while charging?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop slightly slows down while charging?: Title explains it. Have tried a lot of things and none of really helped. Any help appreciated nonetheless. submitted by /u/dropsii_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kiy7fn/my_laptop_slightly_slows_down_while_charging/
  5. Laptop is slow after being shut down for a while, looking for solutions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is slow after being shut down for a while, looking for solutions.: Hello! I've turned on my laptop after it being shut down (I'd been away from home for around 3 weeks, and assuming nobody used my laptop, it has been shut down for 3 weeks also), and now it is slow. Programs like Chrome take more time to run, and when they're running, they're...
  6. Laptop slowed down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slowed down: I installed the last Windows update and the laptop has slowed down a lot - now I often get the 'not responding '' and there is a long delay between the moment I type on the keyboard and the moment it appears on the screen this happens especially with Facebook, but not...
  7. Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slowing Down Being Ingame for a while: In the past few weeks, my laptop has been slowing down after being in game for a few mins. The first 10 mins would be running just fine with high fps. After the initial 10 mins, the fps drops drastically until the game becomes unplayable. I tried messing around with the...
  8. Laptop Slows Down After Being In Game For A Bit

Laptop Slows Down After Being In Game For A Bit: Hello everyone. I usually try to look up in the internet on pc issues and try to solve it myself despite only knowing your generic gaming related info. This time around, I can't seem to find out a solution. So for the first time ever, I decided to make my own...
  9. Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in

Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in: TL;DR is at the end of the post Hello everyone. My current laptop is an HP 15-r218nv. I know this isn't the best laptop for gaming, but it gets the job done. I have bought it 3 years ago and it has worked great throughout all this time. Last year, the laptop began to...
  10. Laptop slows down while plugged in

Laptop slows down while plugged in: I don't know why, but my laptop gets four times faster when running on battery over charging. Plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hoz6 Not plugged in: https://prnt.sc/p9hp9m My laptop is plugged in almost all the time, and there are charging issues with the laptop as well. It...