Windows 10: SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin

Discus and support SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Intermediate user here. Locked out of my Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect Password" at PIN login screen. Already used another device to login to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by firemcd, Nov 26, 2016.

1. firemcd Win User

SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin

Intermediate user here. Locked out of my Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect Password" at PIN login screen. Already used another device to login to my Microsoft Account to change password-this worked. Cannot get past PIN login screen on the PC itself, and tapping F2,F4, F8, F10, F12 during startup process is useless to boot into Safe Mode. Only alternative boot screen that shows is the one asking which hard drive or optical drive to boot to when tapping f12. This is a clean, currently updated install of legit Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 780. The all caps button is not activated. *cry
    [Solution] The problem ended up being a old password was still in the memory to log on to microsoft; used it and got in. DID, however disable "PIN" login FOREVER! Turns out that you can choose to only use your Microsoft Password and opt out of PIN entirely.

:)

firemcd, Nov 26, 2016
  2. maw60 Win User

after windows 10 upgrade logon hangs

Upgraded Dell OptiPlex 780 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now the system hangs after correct password in keyed at logon. If password is incorrect, the system responds properly, but when the correct password is entered, it just hangs. Reboots on first
    Ctrl+At+Del. How can I back-out Windows 10?

maw60, Nov 26, 2016
  3. no boot device available

I have two Dell Optiplex 780 running W10. Yesterday I replaced the battery on the motherboard, and now it won't boot up. It says "no boot device available". Can I make a "boot" copy from 1 computer and use it on the other?

MichaelCazzell, Nov 26, 2016
  4. SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin

Under the logon box, there is an option to select PIN or Password. Try switching to Password login and try your old and new passwords.

alphanumeric, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin

1. SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin - Similar Threads - SOLVED Locked Dell

2. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  3. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  4. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of Laptop due to not having PIN registered and not remembering password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Laptop due to not having PIN registered and not remembering password: I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 in it, it's from an educational institution I work at, I only registered my fingerprint due to not needing windows much for my classes which use linux in another partition of this laptop hd.I tried to do a system restore on its...
  6. Locked out of Laptop due to not having PIN registered and not remembering password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Laptop due to not having PIN registered and not remembering password: I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 in it, it's from an educational institution I work at, I only registered my fingerprint due to not needing windows much for my classes which use linux in another partition of this laptop hd.I tried to do a system restore on its...
  7. Locked out of Laptop due to not having PIN registered and not remembering password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.: I'm at a loss on how to workaround this problem without resorting to a nuclear option eg reset/refresh Customer has brought in a Desktop PC with a forgotten/unknown pin number. But they know their PASSWORD and it works fine in the recovery environment. SO my question is...
  9. Dell Optiplex 780 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Optiplex 780 drivers: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 476) In view of the problem I am having with rear audio input (in another thread) I searched for Dell drivers, but discovered that they are available only for older operating systems. Is there any way round this, apart from a reset? 145367
  10. dell optiplex 780 microphone and camera windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell optiplex 780 microphone and camera windows 10: I plugged in my older Microsoft camera and microphone ,neither will work. I suspect new drivers are needed. Where do I get them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-optiplex-780-microphone-and-camera-windows-10/841e2303-6429-4f59-bb5b-fe54b90112cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where would i find my current password in an optiplex 780

2. dell optiplex 780 log in screen

3. dell optiplex 780 opens to lock screen

4. optiplex 780 lock screen,
  5. disable lock screen on dell optiplex 780,
  6. how to bypass lock screen on dell optiplex 780,
  7. how to open dell optiplex 780 lock,
  8. optiplex 780 date and time incorrect