Windows 10: [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

Discus and support [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; EDIT: Resetting the router/modem the SECOND time seems to be working. After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luke Cypert, Feb 13, 2019.

1. [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

EDIT: Resetting the router/modem the SECOND time seems to be working.

After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation. The new installation will not download anything faster than 5.2 mbs. I'm running on a wired network with the previous Windows installation (hours before) working fine for months.

I've tried at least the following:

Resetting network
    Resetting Router/Modem
    Updating LAN driver
    Uninstalling the LAN driver and using the Windows Default
    Disabling Windows Defender (no other antivirus running)

Disabling Windows Firewall
    Changing the network to metered and unmetered.
    Changing the Speed & Duplex setting from Auto to 1 gbs

Disabling QoS

Running various CMD commands found in any number of support forums (such as: ipconfig/flushdns, netsh int reset all, netsh winsock reset etc)
    And everything else I can find online

Does anyone else have ideas?

I just reset Windows and started trying to download stuff, and that's it. When the network was limited I updated the LAN driver from the MSI website (I have an MSI mainboard), and when that didn't work I started trying all the random stuff above.

I should mention that the downloads are limited whether I'm downloading through Windows Store, Chrome, Edge, Adobe Creative Cloud Installer and Steam.

Please help!

:)

Luke Cypert, Feb 13, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 13, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2019
  4. [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

Limited Ethernet speed

Hi,

I'm getting problem with my Ethernet connection.

When I turn on computer it's limited to something about 10% of proper speed.

If I unplug and plug again network cable it fix this problem.

Disabling and enabling Ethernet adapter in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections also fix it.

But I don't want to manually fix that problem every time I turn on computer.

How to fix that permanently?

Regards,

Adrian Bienias

AdrianBienias, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

[SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

1. [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet - Similar Threads - SOLVED Install Limiting

2. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  3. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  4. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  5. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  6. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETHERNET SPEED LIMITED: Why is the speed of my ethernet limited to 10 mbps? The speed that I'm getting on my laptop and phone when connected wirelessly is ranging from 90-200mbps depending on the distance from the router.I have already updated the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Network Driver a...
  8. Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?: Around two days ago, my laptop decided to start downloading files way slower than normal. My modem should get around 80 MBs down however right now, it's around 500 KBs to 2 MBs. If you want to know, my laptop has been sitting in the same place for a while and had no issues...
  9. New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet: After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation. The new installation will not download anything faster than 5.2 mbs. I'm...
  10. New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet: After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation. The new installation will not download anything faster than 5.2 mbs. I'm...