Windows 10: *SOLVED* Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus.

Discus and support *SOLVED* Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to play Half-Life Opposing Forces but Norton says the installer.exe is a virus, i uploaded it to VirusTotal and it seemed clean but i am still... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Se7enLite, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Se7enLite Win User

*SOLVED* Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus.

I want to play Half-Life Opposing Forces but Norton says the installer.exe is a virus, i uploaded it to VirusTotal and it seemed clean but i am still cautionary to install it. What should i do?

:)

Se7enLite, Dec 9, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Fan-Made, Valve-Approved Sequel To Half-Life: Opposing Force Will Be Sold On Steam

"Valve left a lot of dangling threads back when they went mum on the Half-life's development after Half-Life 2: Episode Two. One of those threads concerns the fate of the protagonist from Gearbox Software's first expansion pack for Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force. There might finally be an answer to that...kinda, sort of?
    Prospekt is a mod that functions as as sequel to Opposing Force, letting you play as Adrian Shepard, the soldier you played in Opposing Force, during the events of Half-Life 2. These sorts of things are not usually a big deal. Mods are everywhere, mod-sequels have been churned out for ages, especially for Half-Life. Except that the key difference here is this one has received "official Valve approval for Half-life 2 license and assets" and will go on sale on Steam for $9.99 sometime next month as a standalone game.
    According to the developer, Richard Seabrook, the game will be comparable to the length of Half-Life 2: Episode One and will have "13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story."

Pre-Purchase now 10% Off
    *Offer ends February 11
    Prospekt on Steam

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ife-opposing-force-will-be-sold-on-steam.aspx

P4-630, Dec 9, 2018
  3. peche Win User
    Fan-Made, Valve-Approved Sequel To Half-Life: Opposing Force Will Be Sold On Steam

half-life has several chapters and also more things to develop, everything that valve will take about the game and sell is gonna be bought by several HL fans,

the expansion packs of half-life 1, blue shift and opposing forces could also get more for a remake on source engine by the official team, mostly opposing forces since it ends with a mystery dialogue with G-man,

Regards,

peche, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Pinchy Win User

Half Life Series Order

Half life
    Half life: Opposing force
    Half life: Blue shift
    Half life 2
    Half life 2: EP1
    Half life 2: EP2

Lost coast was just to show off the new HDR.

Opposing force has nothing to do with the original storyline; your a marine and Blue shift is the same, nothing to do with the storyline but you are a cop.

Pinchy, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. *SOLVED* Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus. - Similar Threads - *SOLVED* Norton says

2. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  3. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  4. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. half life / counter strike crashes on opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    half life / counter strike crashes on opening: hello, every time I open half life, conter strike 1.6 or another game made with the goldscr game engine, it always shows me this and after a few seconds it crashes, I just bought the valve complete pack and I want to play counter strike 1.6...
  6. Half Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half Life: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter 147537
  7. Norton say I have 5 viruses mines Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton say I have 5 viruses mines Windows Security: Browsing through news items get a pop up from Norton saying Ive got five viruses. How can they say that they havent even scanned my PC . Then told me to download something. How can they be allowed to get away with it. The gullible would fall for it. What they dont realise...
  8. Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton says Half-Life Opposing Forces installer is a virus.: I want to play Half-Life Opposing Forces but Norton says the installer.exe is a virus, i uploaded it to VirusTotal and it seemed clean but i am still cautionary to install it. What should i do?...
  9. Norton Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton Installation: I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-installation/2ab8d5fb-50ce-4fee-8366-5741a72a925f
  10. Half Life 2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half Life 2 update: Half-Life 2: Update Coming to Steam - IGN The Valve-approved fan-created mod, dubbed Half-Life 2: Update, will be releasing on Steam tomorrow, completely free of charge.The 7GB add-on serves up a number of visual enhancements, including improved lighting effects and...