Windows 10: Solved one issue and created a new one

Discus and support Solved one issue and created a new one in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my pc is only a month old, nzxt streamer build for reference. A few days ago i did a normal restart of the computer only to realize it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Xionik, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Xionik Win User

Solved one issue and created a new one

So my pc is only a month old, nzxt streamer build for reference. A few days ago i did a normal restart of the computer only to realize it never restored power to my peripherals or signal to my monitor. Through troubleshooting i found that one of my ram sticks had gone bad after only a month. As replacing this ram with new ram made the comouter start normally. So this issue was resolved but i explain this issue as it might have caused my current one. My current issue is after resolving the last issue my pc no longer idles to the lock screen. It used to go to a slideshow of images i chose and wait for me to log back in. Retaining power to peripherals and monitor. But now after idle for sometime the pc kills power to peripherals ans monitor and shuts its self to a “low power” state with the power button blinking. Anyone know how all of a sudden my pc lost its idle lock screen?

:)

Xionik, Sep 29, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Solved one issue and created a new one - Similar Threads - Solved issue created

2. bluescreening issue that so far no one can solve/fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluescreening issue that so far no one can solve/fix: my pc keeps crashing i did a clean install of windows 11 and it didn't solve the issue. It seems to only blue screen when I'm not playing games and when I'm out of the room, cause a lot times now I come back to my PC and it has bluescreened. so far the bluescreen errors have...
  3. One issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to hide your pc doesn't meet minimum requirements to run windows 11 on the top right corner on Windows Update. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-issue/4c9258c0-b8ba-4500-959d-870387f36f85
  4. One issue!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to hide your pc doesn't meet minimum requirements to run windows 11 on the top right corner on Windows Update. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-issue/4c9258c0-b8ba-4500-959d-870387f36f85
  5. One issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. ONE DRIVE ISSUE, AND IT'S A MAJOR ONE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ONE DRIVE ISSUE, AND IT'S A MAJOR ONE: Microsoft has become something that I find to be very unsecure anymore, taking over personal property, and WHILE I HAVE NORTON security, I JUST FOUND Chinese headings over the locations--never been to China, never want to go to China, and the pics that gives a CHINESE...
  7. Printing Issues with new One Drive!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing Issues with new One Drive!: Help! Why can I no longer print Word documents to my printer with this new One Drive? Ever since they changed it I have been having issues and need this for work! Everything was fine until the other day. What changed? I have been using Office 10 Pro for a long time. I need...
  8. Delete old administrator and create new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...
  9. Delete existing profile and create a new one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete existing profile and create a new one: i purchased a computer from Frys. It was a return and the original purchaser has his profile on the computer. How do i delete his profile and create my own?...
  10. Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup issue - can't join or create new one: Yeah, same issue as many, it appears. In Windows 10, I have a Homegroup created by my laptop. But, not only can I not join it with other computers, but when I try with the laptop it says, "No Homegroup found". That's after telling me that the Homegroup exists and asks if I...