Windows 10: [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

Discus and support [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skectrix2, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Skectrix2 Win User

[Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers always go to 67when they stop working they always go to 100. When I temp fix it, I always get a notification to restart the computer to complete the setup of the RealtekR Audio. I'm not sure how to fix this, I have the newest version of the Realtek.I have the Legion T5 28IMB05Does anyone know how to fix something like

:)

Skectrix2, Dec 2, 2022

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 2, 2022
  3. hr0201 Win User
    "audio renderer error. please restart your computer" error youtube

And another thing to try:
    Update your audio drivers (strange that this would be necessary as there hadn't been any changes for me; but it usually is a good idea to have the latest drivers anyway).
    Note: We did have a PC whose audio stopped working and a BIOS update solved it. This definitely wasn't the root of the problem for that computer because it was working like normal before and there were no apparent changes (and the user didn't have administrative access). I'd recommend this as a last step. I've never had a problem with a BIOS update but prefer to do it only if there is a useful fix (and of course better to back up before).

Here's another solution that someone posted:
    Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
    I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked
    note: make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled
    < I don't know if this is necessary but that's what the poster suggested. - >

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    << I would think just updating the driver would probably work, but if not (for instance if it's up-to-date) then you could try the following steps as well. - >>
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

hr0201, Dec 2, 2022
  4. [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

[Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

1. [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working - Similar Threads - Solved Problem RealtekR

2. Pc Restarting Randomly every so often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Restarting Randomly every so often: Recently randomly my pc will just quickly reboot then run like normal I have no clue why Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 2E4E7257-6647-44DA-BDC3-27CE182F2433 Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA791 System type 64-bit operating...
  3. Pc Restarting Randomly every so often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Restarting Randomly every so often: Recently randomly my pc will just quickly reboot then run like normal I have no clue why Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 2E4E7257-6647-44DA-BDC3-27CE182F2433 Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA791 System type 64-bit operating...
  4. [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working: My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers...
  5. [Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

[Solved] Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working: My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers...
  6. Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working: My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers...
  7. Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working: My speakers, that work on RealtekR Audio, stop working every so often and after every restart/shutdown and startup. I can temp fix this by uninstalling the driver and removing the device from Device Manager and then scanning for hardware changes. When I do that the speakers...
  8. Problem with RealtekR Audio, after restart and every so often sound stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. realtekR audio - microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtekR audio - microphone not working: Hi everybody.I'm having a problem with my microphone right now---first, my device is MSI GL65 9SDK 254VNcurrently my audio driver is realtekR audio. however, the microphone on my laptop, as well as on my headset, is not working. when i check with device manager it says the...
  10. Explorer.exe (supposedly) restarts every so often

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe (supposedly) restarts every so often: [ATTACH] So for the past couple months I've been having this issue where my all my windows, browsers, and desktop refresh and reboots. I know it has something to do with the GPU or graphics but I'm not sure what is up. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers but that hasn't...