Windows 10: Solved: Recover Windows live mail info

Discus and support Solved: Recover Windows live mail info in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everybody: I recently switched for Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I opened WIndows Live Mail I saw it was empty. I found that the messages... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by argaraitz, Apr 8, 2016.

1. argaraitz Win User

Solved: Recover Windows live mail info

Hi everybody:

I recently switched for Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I opened WIndows Live Mail I saw it was empty. I found that the messages where in the next folder:
    C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    I did a copy of that folder (and the rest of the Windows Live folders), I renamed the folders and tried to reopen WLM to see if the folders wher recreated. They weren't recreated.

So I unistalled WLM. I wanted to install it again and find the new folders to replace the with the original ones. But Windows Live Essentials is not supported for WIndows 10 (apparently it works if you come from WIndows 10, but you can't install it again).

So now I have all the copies of the WL folders, but I don't know how to reover that info. Any idea?

:)

argaraitz, Apr 8, 2016

2. Email Subfolders lost when switching to Windows 10

Now that I have Windows 10, the subfolders I created under my email Inbox are missing. I had important info there that I really need. I was using Windows Live Mail. How can I recover these subfolders -- are at least the email stored there?

43_1224_3903, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Importing Windows Live mail info into Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 with Windows Live Mail to Windows 10 with mail. However all of my contacts and saved mail folders stored in Windows Live Mail appear to be lost. How do I recover the Windows Live Mail information and where can I put it in Windows
    10?

DonCochron, Apr 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I do not have an answer for you.

However, I would like to clarify that one can reinstall WLM onto a Windows 10 anytime one wants.
    I did that several times when I had to do a Clean Install of Windows 10. Reinstalling WLM was never an issue.

It is now simply called Windows Essentials. MS has long since ditched the word " Live".
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

davidhk, Apr 8, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Adding .............................

Open your WLM, if you still have one installed.
    Left side, scroll down to the bottom. Do you see Storage folders?
    If yes, open it.
    Do you see Recovered items ?
    If yes again, open it. See if you can find any "lost" emails.

Solved: Recover Windows live mail info [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 8, 2016
  6. gpstoloff Win User
    You have 2 options for getting those files into the WLM message store:

1. You can use File/Import Messages/Windows Live Mail to import from another directory into the C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail directory.

2. You can change your Mail Store location to the desired new directory with File/Options/Mail/Advanced/Maintenance/Mail Store.

WARNING: Before doing either of these things, please make additional backups of both the Prior WLM message store and the original folders!

gpstoloff, Apr 8, 2016
  7. argaraitz Win User
    Thank you all for your comments.

Finally I installed Windows Essentials as davidhk said, opened WLM, closed it again and I replaced the next new folders:

C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live

with the old ones. I reopened WLM and everything was in its place. All the messages and even the account configuration. It directly downloades the new messages.

So, a good end.

Thank you.

argaraitz, Apr 10, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Nice work. Congrats.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Solved: Recover Windows live mail info - Similar Threads - Solved Recover live

2. Live Tile info !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  3. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Tile info !: Good morning, maybe a silly question to ask ! I use a screen capture program a lot for showing friends how to do things in Windows 10. While showing various things it also shows various personal info on my "Live Tiles" etc. Is it possible to change the details shown on the...
  4. Live Tile info !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails: Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working" icon spinning round and round, but the program never opens. If I click on a different program, the logo box disappears and...
  6. Recover emails from windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    Recover emails from windows live mail: Hello everybody, I used windows live mail for years however recently I had a problem with my HDD and windows 10 was so bad that it wouldn't start (I tested 10 different ways) So I decided to take advantage and buy an SSD and make a new clean install. Now I have both hard...
  7. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  8. How do I recover the password on Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I recover the password on Live Mail?: How do I recover the password on Live Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-the-password-on-live-mail/f2efdc4c-0adb-426f-afea-9368ba6b5b7e
  9. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  10. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recover emails in windows live mail solved