Windows 10: [SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 <Failed to...

Discus and support [SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 in Cortana to solve the problem; [EDIT] I found a solution and edited my original post. Thereafter are the messages I came across when my Windows Search wasn't working at all... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by hansolocambo, Feb 5, 2020.

1. [SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020

[EDIT] I found a solution and edited my original post.

Thereafter are the messages I came across when my Windows Search wasn't working at all anymore.

If you encounter some of them will trying to fix the problem, hopefully the solution I found will help some of you.

Error messages :

Windows Search Service is not Running
    Windows Search Service Failed
    Windows Could not Start the WSearch service on local computer. Error 5: Access is denied
    Services local WSearch <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2>

How you might notice the problem : The search in your Start Menu does not work anymore.

[SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 <Failed to... ad530e54-efec-410b-b6ad-38a04693fe23?upload=true.png

Error Codes and results when running troubleshooter or trying to start the WSearch service manually.

[SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 <Failed to... ea8c41c6-b0b8-4b8d-af29-2a4179061e2e?upload=true.png

:)

hansolocambo, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 5, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 5, 2020
  4. [SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020
    What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Feb 5, 2020

Thema:

[SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020

1. [SOLVED] SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020

2. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  3. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  4. The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error: There's a strange man in my house searching through all of my stuff.Apparently this is Ok because he works for Microsoft!I killed him and Microsoft sent another guy, I killed him too ...Microsoft keep sending new guys to search through my stuff.How do I make them STOP ?...
  5. The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error

The WSearch service failed to start due to the following error: There's a strange man in my house searching through all of my stuff.Apparently this is Ok because he works for Microsoft!I killed him and Microsoft sent another guy, I killed him too ...Microsoft keep sending new guys to search through my stuff.How do I make them STOP ?...
  6. The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently: Hello, I have been having trouble with indexing on my windows 11. The files are not listed in the search, and I even tried rebuilding, but it is taking a lot of time to rebuild. When I tried troubleshooting, it showed this "The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently",...
  7. The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently

The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently: Hello, I have been having trouble with indexing on my windows 11. The files are not listed in the search, and I even tried rebuilding, but it is taking a lot of time to rebuild. When I tried troubleshooting, it showed this "The program SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently",...
  8. Recent Windows 10 Updates failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows 10 Updates failing: 020-11 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 KB4580980 and 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4586786. These updates are failing. Plus I continually get the "restart to repair drive...
  9. SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 <Failed to read...

in Cortana
    SearchIndexer.exe has failed recently / WSearch Windows 10 / Feb 2020 <Failed to read...: I did not install or remove anything. Search Start Menu suddenly stopped. I tried to run the Search Index troubleshooter but to no avail. All the "fix" to this issue I found here and there ended up to absolutely nothing. Could someone please advise ? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587