Windows 10: Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Discus and support Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading Internet Service speed from 50/10Mbs to 150/20Mbs Dell computer with Windows 10 Home 64-bit would not show speed test result higher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IgorBas13, Mar 20, 2019.

1. IgorBas13 Win User

Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

After upgrading Internet Service speed from 50/10Mbs to 150/20Mbs Dell computer with Windows 10 Home 64-bit would not show speed test result higher than 60Mb download speed.

Tried different Cat-6 cable, different router ports and everything else possible. Problem persisted.

What fixed this problem:

Restarted computer in Safe Mode with Networking and noticed that speed test jumped to 177Mbs/24Mbs

Go to Services and disable 'SmartByte Network Service'

That solved the problem.

Next step is to find out how critical this service is in Windows 10 and what it's functions are.

Why it slows the speed of downloads 3 folds?

:)

IgorBas13, Mar 20, 2019
  2. PapaSloth Win User

Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller very slow upload speed problem

This worked for me:

• Open Device Manager
    • Open Network adapters
    • Right-click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, select Properties
    • Click on Advanced tab.
    • Disable everything except for Flow Control
    • Click OK
    After doing that, my upload speed increased from 0.3MB/S to 3.60MB/S on internet speed test.

PapaSloth, Mar 20, 2019
  3. jf breton Win User
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller very slow upload speed problem

Since few days I had a slow internet problem. After diagnostic I find that the problem was the upload speed for my Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller upload problem. Speed Test give me 16ms ping, 32 mb/s download speed and 0.00 mb/s speed. I test my modem
    and router with another computer and I have 10 mb/s upload speed on the other computer.

I've upgrade the driver to the last version from realtek site (to version 10.3.723.2015) but it didn't solve the problem.

My computer is a HP H8 1020

Thank you for help

jf breton, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

PapaEchoUK, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

1. Solved Slow download speed limitation on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller - Similar Threads - Solved Slow download

2. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps: Just to say, bad english cause i am a little stressed, versão portugues do brasil usando mais de um neuronio logo depoisGood morning/day/night, may your day be less frustating than mine In this house we have 2 computers on the same routermine that had internet working...
  3. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps: Just to say, bad english cause i am a little stressed, versão portugues do brasil usando mais de um neuronio logo depoisGood morning/day/night, may your day be less frustating than mine In this house we have 2 computers on the same routermine that had internet working...
  4. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang. I have this issue when ı play online based games. Its happens sometimes about 2-3 hour and sometimes 15 min. I got latest version of realtek driver also got windows 11 all updates included. I tried changing dns stuff and...
  5. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue: I have spent a great deal of time over the last few days trying to resolve a problem which prevented me from using the wired connection to my router. I followed all the advice available online which involved updating drivers, resetting IP stack etc etc. I also had two long...
  6. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller: Device Manager, Network Adapter showing Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. Ping also ok. But internet not connecting. Troubleshoot says cable is unpluged. Earlier it was working, but to power surge, it is not working. What could be the reason solution for that....
  7. Windows 10 - RealTek PCIe GbE Family Controller - Slow Connection...

Windows 10 - RealTek PCIe GbE Family Controller - Slow Connection...: I post this in the hopes that others will find it useful, as it took me quite a while to resolve this issue. I was experiencing slow sub 70Mbps wired ethernet speeds with an integrated Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller on an MSI motherboard. Suffice it to say I tried...
  8. Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem: Hi! I've a big problem that I had already solved but now... HERE WE GO AGAIN! I've a 1Gbit/s connection and I know that the ethernet cable and modem/routers are ok. The problem is: my LAN card can't reach the maximum speed due to its driver. In fact on linux, I reach...
  9. vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family

vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family: Looking to set up vLan on my Windows 10 machine so that I can keep my server iLO connection separate from the rest of the network traffic. I open up the network connections and select properties for my Realtek connection. Then hit configure and I should be able to see a vLan...
  10. WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller

WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller: So I want to use wakeup on lan. I have searched google for answers of how to do this. I have done the power options on the ethernet adapter in device manager and went into BIOS to allow WOL (I couldn't find the option). I am using this app called unified remote to wakeup my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek pcie gbe family controller windows 10

2. realtek pcie gbe family controller slow speed

3. realtek pcie gbe family controller slow

4. realtek slow upload on dell,
  5. realtek pcie gbe family controller network speed,
  6. realtek audio driver download slow,
  7. realtek slow download speed,
  8. why is my realtek download speeds slow,
  9. can my realtek pcie gbe ethernet download faster,
  10. realtek pcie gbe family controller speed,
  11. realtek pcie gbe family too slow windows 10,
  12. pci e nic speed,
  13. how to get maximum speed on realtek pcle controller,
  14. extremely slow upload speed on ethernet realtek pcie gbe family controller,
  15. realtek pcie gbe family controller slow internet