Windows 10: (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup

Discus and support (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After hours and HOURS of searching online, I found a loophole for using the Command Prompt at my lockscreen, which I used to make my other account an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Setherz6104, Aug 4, 2019.

1. (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup

After hours and HOURS of searching online, I found a loophole for using the Command Prompt at my lockscreen, which I used to make my other account an admin and run msconfig and return it to Normal Startup. Thanks for your help guys! (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup :)

----

I was trying to troubleshoot Microsoft Store by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with it, so I used msconfig to choose

Diagnostic Startup (so only system services would run), and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with your pin.", so I can't use my PIN. Also, it's REJECTING, my password which I know is right.

In Diagnostic Mode, I also have no WiFi or Ethernet for some reason, so I can't really authenticate my account. Startup Repair and Command Prompt from Recovery (Shift + Restart) are also rejecting my password, and my account is the only admin on my PC.

I feel like I'm doomed..

:)

Setherz6104, Aug 4, 2019

2. (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup

After hours and HOURS of searching online, I found a loophole for using the Command Prompt at my lockscreen, which I used to make my other account an admin and run msconfig and return it to Normal Startup. Thanks for your help guys! (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup :)

----

I was trying to troubleshoot Microsoft Store by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with it, so I used msconfig to choose

Diagnostic Startup (so only system services would run), and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with your pin.", so I can't use my PIN. Also, it's REJECTING, my password which I know is right.

In Diagnostic Mode, I also have no WiFi or Ethernet for some reason, so I can't really authenticate my account. Startup Repair and Command Prompt from Recovery (Shift + Restart) are also rejecting my password, and my account is the only admin on my PC.

I feel like I'm doomed..

Setherz6104, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 29, 2019
  4. (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup

Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

(SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup

1. (SOLVED) Stuck in Diagnostic Startup - Similar Threads - SOLVED Stuck Diagnostic

2. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  3. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...
  4. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  7. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  8. Diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Diagnostic startup: My shitful ass came out of curiosity in attempt to speed up my laptop, I went to system configuration, clicked on diagnostic startup and restart without hesitation, and now I can't sign in past the lock screen. It says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click...
  9. Stuck In Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck In Diagnostic Startup: I messed up my computer and need some real expert help to straighten this one out. Any assistance / suggestions would be appreciated. Details are below: MY SYSTEM: Dell E6400 Upgraded from Win 7 to Win10 Pro (so directories after c prompt show old folders and Win10...
  10. Win 10 stuck in diagnostic startup no login window

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 stuck in diagnostic startup no login window: Hi, I set windows to do a diagnostic startup to try and chase down a problem but... It gets to what would be the login screen ( power, ease of access etc in bottom right) but the login boxes are not there and every so often the screen brightens and try to do something but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally used diagnostic boot on windows

2. stuck in diagnostic startup msconfig

3. unable to return to normal boot windows 8 after diagnostic msconfig