Windows 10: SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text

Discus and support SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; there is strange highlighting over almost all text and many search boxes. they mask text and are really annoying. I just did a reinstall of windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dropthebomb175, Nov 24, 2019.

1. SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text

there is strange highlighting over almost all text and many search boxes. they mask text and are really annoying. I just did a reinstall of windows 10 and the newest update also. I want to get rid of these boxes.

:)

Dropthebomb175, Nov 24, 2019
  2. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Find a string of highlighted text with a nonhighlighted white space interrupting somewhere inside the otherwise highlighted string

I would like to find (in Microsoft Word 10) a string that consists of some (highlighted text), a (non-highlighted white space), followed by some (highlighted text). Any ideas?

Tom B. Fuddled, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text

Weird text outlining- Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Windows 10?

• What exactly do you mean by weird text outlining?

• Are you facing any issue with applications?
    In the screenshot, I am unable to see any weird outlining. But if you are seeing any issue with the display then I suggest you to try installing all the pending Windows Updates and check for the issue. If the issue still persists then try changing
    the resolution and check.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text

1. SOLVED: There are white outlines/highlighting over almost all text - Similar Threads - SOLVED are white

2. White Outline of Annoyance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Outline of Annoyance: Every time I open the start by pressing the Windows Key, it opens the start, but then a white outline appears around the clickable: recently added. I've tried moving it, but it would only move specifically UP back to the clickable. This also happens when I'm able to get into...
  3. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  4. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  5. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Text displaying outlined with white fill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text displaying outlined with white fill: Recently I have been noticing that text on websites will show up with an outline over a white fill rather than a solid color. I have not noticed any patterns in when it shows up. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and it still is happening. It has also occurred for a colleague...
  7. Text displaying outlined with white fill

Text displaying outlined with white fill: Recently I have been noticing that text on websites will show up with an outline over a white fill rather than a solid color. I have not noticed any patterns in when it shows up. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and it still is happening. It has also occurred for a colleague...
  8. Text displaying outlined with white fill

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  10. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...