Windows 10: [Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive

Discus and support [Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello For a while, I was enable to activate hybernation on y new laptop (Windows 10 Pro 64b 1809), even using the command powercfg /h on (which works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FMJ999, Feb 3, 2019.

1. FMJ999 Win User

[Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive

Hello

For a while, I was enable to activate hybernation on y new laptop (Windows 10 Pro 64b 1809), even using the command powercfg /h on (which works cause the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\HibernateEnabled=1).

With a powercfg /a, I got :

The following sleep states are not available on this system :
    Hybernate
    The system firmware does not support this hybernate state.
    But normally, when the hibernate state is supported but not enabled, it shows :

Hybernate
    Hybernation has not been activated.

I might well look for a solution on the net, impossible to find a way to solve this.

Then, suddently I got an inspiration . My laptop gets 2 modules RAM : first is 8Go (welded) and second 16Go. But the system was installed on the first 8Go module and the second 16Go later. With this 24Go RAM, I checked, the hiberfil.sys file size : it was was only 5Go : hard to hybernate 16Go RAM on 5Go file !

So I changed this size with the command "powercfg /h size 50" (50 = 50% of 24Go). And so I got a 12Go hiberfil.sys file and then magically the hybernation's worked again !!!!

I don't unerstand why Windows doesn't change this file size automatically when you change the memory size ?!!

To who it may help !

:)

FMJ999, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Feb 3, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2019
  4. [Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive

no password box comes up after locking or waking from sleep mode windows 10

Hi Conrad,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue, we suggest that you turn off Fast Startup. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type powercfg -h off and press Enter

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

[Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive

1. [Solved] unable to activate hybernation, "powercfg /h on" ineffecive - Similar Threads - Solved unable activate

2. powercfg remote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powercfg remote: I am trying to be more proactive in catching bad batteries and I want to use a script to check the laptop batteries and save txt files that I can go retrieve from the machine. When trying to run a batch file that uses powercfg /batteryreport I keep getting the error 'The...
  3. powercfg remote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powercfg remote: I am trying to be more proactive in catching bad batteries and I want to use a script to check the laptop batteries and save txt files that I can go retrieve from the machine. When trying to run a batch file that uses powercfg /batteryreport I keep getting the error 'The...
  4. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Activation: Windows was activated with a digital license. I helped someone fix their computer by putting my SSD in their PC. When I put my SSD back in my computer, it said, hardware change detected. When I troubleshoot and choose I changed hardware, It won't let me select the device I'm...
  5. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Solved: Activation: Windows was activated with a digital license. I helped someone fix their computer by putting my SSD in their PC. When I put my SSD back in my computer, it said, hardware change detected. When I troubleshoot and choose I changed hardware, It won't let me select the device I'm...
  6. Solved: Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Sleep/Hybernate failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep/Hybernate failure: Win10 Pro 64bit 10/18362 System has been running fine for many months nothing added/changed other that updates, to win/Office. Sleep/Hybernate stopped working this coincided with two win10 cumulative updates in Oct (9th) I had also enabled media sharing at about this time....
  8. Sleep/Hybernate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep/Hybernate: In my shutdown menu Is the options sleep and hibernate. Is there any meaningful difference between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleephybernate/adc6d83b-73a4-4aae-98ed-3c307c688c56
  9. Hybernation mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybernation mode: My Dell 23.8 all-in-one pc is in hybernation mode. Black screen only, no key board wakes or mouse. I changes batteries for both. Still not waking up at a loss? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hybernation-mode/510d0530-8413-483b-b180-1b3d0831847e
  10. hybernate and powerbutton desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    hybernate and powerbutton desktop: Hi After hybernate and i push on the powerbutton of the desktop he not going top power down. The powerbutton give no reaction 80052