Windows 10: [SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network...

Discus and support [SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This issue is reproducable on 3 windows 10 laptops. We use OpenVPN, which makes uses a tunneling adapter, seen by windows as an Ethernet adapter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MagnaVersum, Jan 22, 2019.

1. [SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network...

This issue is reproducable on 3 windows 10 laptops.

We use OpenVPN, which makes uses a tunneling adapter, seen by windows as an Ethernet adapter.
    Since update KB4467702 windows turns off WLAN the adapter when an Ethernet adapter is connected.

So when our VPN connects windows disconnects the WLAN and teh VPN fails, as it needs the WLAN to remain in contact with the server.

As a workaround I found that disabling the Network location awareness service worked.
    But since 19-1-9 (9 januari), disabling the Network location awareness service prevents the list of available WLAN networks to be displayed and users now can no longer connect to new networks or choose between already known networks when multiple are available.

I re-enabled the service on the machines so the users can use WLAN. But now VPN is not functional.

How do I get windows not to disconnect/disable the WLAN when an ethernet connection is established?

Already I have searched multiple fora and the web, but found no solution.
    So far I have tried:
    CMD: netsh dump, netsh winsock reset, netsh int ip reset, ipconfig /flushdns
    A reboot, WLAN firmware update, Windows update, a clean openVPN install with newly generated configuration file, a clean windows 10 install first removing all existing partitions.
    Disabling ipv6, netBIOS, bios LAN/WLAN switch, powersaving op adaptor, Hp bloatware, HP network services & the policies:
    * Windows Group Policy/Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager/Minimize the number of simultaneous connections to the Internet or a Windows Domain
    * Windows Group Policy/Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager/Prohibit connection to non-domain networks when connected to domain authenticated network

Please advice.
    With kind thanks and regards,

case number: 1456191168

:)

MagnaVersum, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Unicore Win User

Turn off your network connection

I found the solution that worked for me.

• *Biggrin
    I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Tool and after it started, I disabled my network connection (LAN or WLAN) by putting it into airplane mode. The Anniversary update then ran flawlessly! Apparently there is some conflict between Windows Update and the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Tool that prevents the upgrade with a network connection.

Unicore, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Disable Network Connections

First, your screenshot shows that the Ethernet cable is unplugged. Of course the Disable option is then grayed out because as the LAN connection does not exist at the moment, there's nothing to disable.

To disable Ethernet connections when the cable is unplugged, press WIN + X or right click the Start button to open the system menu. Select Device Manager:
    :

[SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network... [​IMG]

In Device Manager browse to your network controller, right click it and select Disable:

[SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network... [​IMG]

Confirm that you want to disable this device:

A small down pointing arrow overlay shows you now that the device is disabled:

Device remains disabled until you repeat the procedure to enable it.

4. stebentje Win User

[SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network...

LAN Network very slow

We have 3 computers, connected to 1 router. Since our upgrade to Windows 10 (the 3 PC's) our network is very slowly between each other.

I've tried already to disable 'Large Send Offload V2 (ip4) & (ip6)'. On the moment I disable this then it works for 5 minutes perfect. After 5 minutes the LAN is slow again...

With Windows 7 we NEVER had this problem...

Does anybody know another workaround instead of disabling Large Send Offload ( Solved LAN Network Slow speeds - Windows 10 Forums )

Many Thanks!

stebentje, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

[SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network...

1. [SOLVED] Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network... - Similar Threads - SOLVED Update KB4467702

2. Disabled wlan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabled wlan: In trying to improve my wifi connection, i started randomly clicking things, and disabled my connection capability. I had to choose a connection type, and selected Broadcom 802.11 Adapter. All the drivers report as working properly. How can I reenable my network?...
  3. The update KB4524147 disables my Intel I211 onboard LAN. Is there a workaround or fix?

The update KB4524147 disables my Intel I211 onboard LAN. Is there a workaround or fix?: After the installation of update KB4524147 in Windows 10 Education, my Intel I211 onboard LAN just won't work anymore. I tried to manually install the driver for it, but that won't do anything. Only after uninstalling the update, the LAN card works again. Had this two times...
  4. Network Connection Disabled

Network Connection Disabled: I've had an ASUS Vivobook k570ud for almost a year now but recently whenever I boot up my laptop while plugged in it loses all network connection, and I'll have to unplug and do a soft or hard restart so that I can get any network connection back. I've tried reinstalling...
  5. Wifi + Lan - disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi + Lan - disable: Hi, How to disable it in policy when I connected to LAN (organization network) the wifi on pc will be disable and when I'm not connected, the wifi will be enable Got this on win10 pc Thanks,...
  6. Network connection disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network connection disabled: I accidentally disabled a network connection of mobile hotspot, Now the hotspot is not working. please tell me how to add that network connection step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-disabled/4e005d07-4337-4409-bb3f-023915b7f544
  7. Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network location...

Update KB4467702 disables WLAN on LAN connect. Workaround of disabling Network location...: This issue is reproducable on 3 windows 10 laptops. We use OpenVPN, which makes uses a tunneling adapter, seen by windows as an Ethernet adapter. Since update KB4467702 windows turns off WLAN the adapter when an Ethernet adapter is connected. So when our VPN connects...
  8. Update KB4467702 not completing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB4467702 not completing.: Hi, Update KB4467702 is shown in Update History but states a Restart required to complete installation. I have restarted twice without success. Checking with Windows support shows that (KB4465663) must be first installed. I've checked and this is already installed. I've also...
  9. Update KB4467702 not completing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4467702 not completing.: Hi, Update KB4467702 is shown in Update History but states a Restart required to complete installation. I have restarted twice without success. Checking with Windows support shows that (KB4465663) must be first installed. I've checked and this is already installed. I've also...
  10. Disable Network Connections

Disable Network Connections: Finally gave up on the Realteck PCIe GBE Ethernet and decided to go with the built in Wifi (Dell Wirreless 1502). Internet speeds are up and signal is strong, even though page loading stalls every one out of three times. But this is an improvement ! [img] However, I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. openvpn disables wifi bios

2. LAN is disable i cant login windows 7