Windows 10: [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

Discus and support [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Solved EDIT: wow, after hours of troubleshooting I solved it a minutes after I posted this. For anyone else who is having the same issue my solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AstralHaze1, Jun 17, 2021.

1. [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

Solved EDIT: wow, after hours of troubleshooting I solved it a minutes after I posted this. For anyone else who is having the same issue my solution was as follows:In sound control panel I clicked on the device and hit properties, then in the advanced tab the default format was set to 16 bit , 48000 Hz which the headset reads as mono for some reason. switching to any other format made the headset work perfectly again. ------------------------Hi, I have an issue which I've been trying to solve for a while. I have a pair of wireless headphones, Arctis 1 from Steelseries, that are not working pro

:)

AstralHaze1, Jun 17, 2021

2. Wireless headset only recognized in one specific USB port

I have a Thinkpad E540 with three USB ports. Two ports are occupied by small dongles from Logitech: One for a wireless keyboard-mouse combo, the other for a wireless headset. No problem with this setup until this morning.

This morning, after a reboot and a hibernation of the PC, I noticed that the headset was not recognized anymore. Sound went to the laptop speakers. In Device Manager, under
    Universal Serial Bus Controllers, I see a line Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

The keyboard-mouse dongle works as before.

When I insert the headset dongle in the third USB port, it isn't recognized either. Same
    Unknown USB Device message as above.

When I put the headset dongle in my other laptop, which runs Linux, it
    is
    recognized.

When I swap the two dongles on my Windows PC, both dongles are recognized.

This doesn't make sense to me. Can somebody more knowledgeable than me suggest a log file or other place where I might find information as to what's going on here?

BerndBausch, Jun 17, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Wireless USB 1.1 Specification Now Available

The Wireless USB Promoter Group today announced the completion of the Wireless USB 1.1 specification, the technical map for product developers to bring the next generation of Wireless USB products to the market.

Wireless USB 1.1 delivers key performance enhancements to Wireless USB technology, as well as added UWB upper band support for frequencies of 6 GHz and above, and offers backward compatibility with Wireless USB products currently in use by consumers. Wireless USB is evolving with optimized power efficiency and ease of use. Lower idle power requirements and improved battery life enhance Wireless USB power efficiency, and the new association model offers support for Near Field Communication (NFC) and proximity-based association, making Wireless USB even easier to install and use.

“The Wireless USB 1.1 specification is the next step in Wireless USB technology,” said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF president and chairman. “Consumers want a fast, easy-to-use solution to wirelessly transfer content from PCs to devices. Wireless USB 1.1 is the solution supporting robust, high-speed wireless connectivity among devices.”

To download the Wireless USB Revision 1.1 specification and adopter agreement, visit this page.

btarunr, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

[solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

[solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

1. [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop - Similar Threads - solved USB wireless

2. Wireless headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headset not working: After upgrade to Win 11 my Sony wireless headset is not receiving sound from audio player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-headset-not-working/1addf846-2753-462c-b562-d7117b5b1f04
  3. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not working properly: I have a headset that stopped working on my laptop recently. When I connect the headset, a screen pops up asking what the device connected is and I select headset like always. But now even though I select headset, the audio starts playing through the laptop and not the...
  4. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working properly: I have a headset that stopped working on my laptop recently. When I connect the headset, a screen pops up asking what the device connected is and I select headset like always. But now even though I select headset, the audio starts playing through the laptop and not the...
  5. Headset not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB Wireless Device Not Properly working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Device Not Properly working: After Update My Dell 5510 window 11 Home USB does Not Reconised or Not working,when working out of order or the text cursor might move unexpectedly in apps and system hangs this is DELL wireless device working properly in other devices and other location device but in this...
  7. USB Wireless Device Not Properly working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Device Not Properly working: After Update My Dell 5510 window 11 Home USB does Not Reconised or Not working,when working out of order or the text cursor might move unexpectedly in apps and system hangs this is DELL wireless device working properly in other devices and other location device but in this...
  8. USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop: Hi, I have an issue which I've been trying to solve for a while. I have a pair of wireless headphones, Arctis 1 from Steelseries, that are not working properly when plugged into the new laptop that I purchased, MSI GP66 Leopard. I know the headphones work as they work fine...
  9. Wireless headset USB issues

Wireless headset USB issues: I have an old Logitech H760 headset that I've struggled to get working reliably for years. It's sat in a box for ages, but now almost all my meetings and phonecalls are online from home I need it again. When I plug into my main PC it doesn't connect. Windows recognises it,...
  10. Corsair Wireless USB headset not working

Corsair Wireless USB headset not working: Hi my Corsair headset all of a sudden stopped working. I have tried everything from rebooting, reinstalling drivers, editing playback devices, etc. The problem is it shows up in device manager under "Sound, video and game" it does not show up in audio manager in the recording...