Windows 10: Solved: Very Slow Login

Discus and support Solved: Very Slow Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After hours of searching without finding a solution, I resolved the slow login 12 minutes.My solution was to delete the files in the user account under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frankmarshall5, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Solved: Very Slow Login

After hours of searching without finding a solution, I resolved the slow login 12 minutes.My solution was to delete the files in the user account under the "AppData\Temp" directory."C:\Users\"User Account Name"\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*"Login is back to seconds.

:)

frankmarshall5, Jul 31, 2021
  2. NaelAmer Win User

Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2021
  4. ptolomeo Win User

Solved: Very Slow Login

Solved!

Hello, I finally (think) solved my slow login issue (3 to 5 minutes waiting). Boot time was thunder fast though (I've got an SSD)
    • I don't have USB 3.0
    • I disabled Cortana without improving login time
    • This issue appeared with the Anniversary Update

Next thing, I disabled Windows Defender, and then computer started login in faster (3-4 secs instead of 3-4 mins) but disabling Windows Defender is not permanent and it auto-reactivates.

Then I disabled all of the Windows Defender options (but the Real Time Protection), and since then, I didn't have this issue anymore.

Hope it helps.

ptolomeo, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Solved: Very Slow Login

1. Solved: Very Slow Login - Similar Threads - Solved Very Slow

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  4. nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved: i got 20000 mb of write speed at first but now only 300 mb.samsung 980 proedit:I SOLVED IT kind ofthe thing is: whenever i restart my pc, the drive becomes slow. but if i shut it down and turn it on manually, it works perfectly fine!!!.it may or may not depend on me turning...
  5. Hello Login Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello Login Very Slow: I'm a good ol' country boy and I'm prone to ramble for a spell before I get to the point, but I like to set the context before jumpin' into the mud. So, if you have the patience, continue reading. I just built my first new PC from scratch (specs in profile) and installed...
  6. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved): For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  7. User Login very Slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Login very Slow after updates: I'm experiencing very slow login on one of my user accounts. It's a recent issue, probably due to some update. I searched online for solutions, removed all startup programs and non-essential services, ran the "sfc /scannow" command, switched from a Microsoft account to a...
  8. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  9. Trying to understand and resolve very slow account logins

Trying to understand and resolve very slow account logins: I am trying to figure out and resolve why several accounts on my Dell XPS Windows10 Home system take upwards of 5 minutes to login. This is a stand-alone system; there is no Domain. The Administrator account and two of the regular accounts require 5 minutes to pass - during...
  10. Very slow login after awhile

Very slow login after awhile: Hi, since a clean install of windows 10 the login is very slow but that happens after awhile. When I create a new user and copy all my files to that user everything is fine and fast but after awhile without installing anything or changing the system the login takes...