Windows 10: [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

Discus and support [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; EDIT: PLEASE do not delete this thread. I have been completely unable to find this solution anywhere else after searching for a full three days. To my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JacobCarter8, Mar 14, 2022.

1. [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

EDIT: PLEASE do not delete this thread. I have been completely unable to find this solution anywhere else after searching for a full three days. To my knowledge, no other thread has this information posted.------I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working. For whatever reason, both my arrow keys and WASD keys continue inputting for several seconds after releasing the key. For example, I hold down "A" to walk left. Once I let go of "A", my character keeps walking left for a full second or two. The same thing happens with my arrow keys.It is as if Sticky Keys are on... but they

:)

JacobCarter8, Mar 14, 2022

2. [WASD] keys switched with [ARROW] keys: Keyboard Problem

My keyboard is messed up. For example: To type [A] I have to press the left arrow key. And on games, instead of [WASD] I have to use the arrow keys. My [WASD] keys are switched around with the arrow keys. Typing is a lot more difficult because of it. Can
    you help please?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HooliganSlert, Mar 14, 2022
  3. My arrow keys are wasd

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Try the steps indicated in this link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://appuals.com/fix-wasd-and-arrow-keys-are...

Hope it helps.

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Abram Pinto, Mar 14, 2022
  4. [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

Arrow Keys and Spacebar Not Working in Games

• Are the arrow keys and spacebar key working fine other than online and steam games?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you face this issue in all online games and steam games?
    • Have you checked if there are settings to change the controls in the game?

1. Yes for scrolling it works fine

2. Not that i am aware of

3. Yes all that use arrow keys and even WASD keys so not just limited to arrows

4. Yes and they are set to the right keys!

I'm Currently trying the troubleshooting now

MyerSteiner, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

[SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

1. [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys... - Similar Threads - SOLVED WASD arrow

2. [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...: EDIT: PLEASE do not delete this thread. I have been completely unable to find this solution anywhere else after searching for a full three days. To my knowledge, no other thread has this information posted.------I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working....
  3. [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [SOLVED] WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" and "sliding" only in games, as if Sticky Keys...: EDIT: PLEASE do not delete this thread. I have been completely unable to find this solution anywhere else after searching for a full three days. To my knowledge, no other thread has this information posted.------I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working....
  4. WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games: I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working. For whatever reason, both my arrow keys and WASD keys continue inputting for several seconds after releasing the key. For example, I hold down "A" to walk left. Once I let go of "A", my character keeps walking...
  5. WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WASD and arrow keys cause "drift" only in games: I have had this issue for a week now with no solution working. For whatever reason, both my arrow keys and WASD keys continue inputting for several seconds after releasing the key. For example, I hold down "A" to walk left. Once I let go of "A", my character keeps walking...
  6. WASD KEYS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WASD KEYS PROBLEM: Hello I Have Problem With My WASD Key So I Was Playing Racing Game I Press W And I Press A The Car Is Not turn Left How Do I Fix This https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wasd-keys-problem/104c264e-ad0e-47ef-a1db-9e80b1227901
  7. WASD KEYS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WASD KEYS PROBLEM: Hello I Have Problem With My WASD Key So I Was Playing Racing Game I Press W And I Press A The Car Is Not turn Left How Do I Fix This https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wasd-keys-problem/104c264e-ad0e-47ef-a1db-9e80b1227901
  8. Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fn + W used to swap WASD and arrow keys not working: I need to swap my WASD with arrow keys for one of my games. After looking online, I found that using "Fn + W" would swap them. Simple as that. Unfortunately, it is not working. It simply types "w" instead. Is there a way to fix this and/or a working alternative I could use?...
  9. WASD keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WASD keys: My WASD keys aren't working properly lately. They are functioning like arrow keys instead. submitted by /u/sampeng1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iayu1i/wasd_keys/
  10. My arrow keys are wasd

in Windows 10 Customization
    My arrow keys are wasd: Hi, so I can not use arrows keys because they are typing wasd instead, I tried some things with FN and different keys but it does not work. I also tried updating the drivers. It is kinda annoying and I can not do anything about it, any help pls?...