Windows 10: Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Discus and support Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackBalle, May 26, 2020.

1. JackBalle Win User

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run.

Every time i try to shut down this happens:

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox 146c7f6b-3a05-4e1c-b4b0-3781e5f44b74?upload=true.jpg

All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is.

Does anyone know what is going on?

:)

JackBalle, May 26, 2020

2. VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues

What display adapter is listed in Device Manager in the guest?

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox [​IMG]

PolarNettles, May 26, 2020
  3. VirtualBox

Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this?

ChrisJones_9295, May 26, 2020
  4. LylejK Win User

VirtualBox on Windows 10

I'm having all kinds of issues with Virtualbox Guests (not just XP guest but mainly use XP guest) after upgrading to Win10. I cannot tell you how many DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONS which restarted the host itself I've experienced and all related just to Virtualbox
    running. The biggest issue is waking up from either Hibernate or Sleep. I cannot do so if I'm running virtualbox since it will nearly all the time crash the system (sometimes the watchdog issue; sometimes nothing and frozen; have to hard-button power down
    then). Also have no sound in my VMs but recently someone at Virtualbox forum
    posted a work-a-round
    (and it works for me) for those interested. Not sure if Oracle is going to post a solution or is it going to be fixed at M$'s side, but wish someone would solve this issue soon; very frustrating.
    At least I can get my VM running; just have to shut it down, and shut system down instead of just hibernating (which I prefer to do). Running Virtualbox 5.0 for the curious. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox :)

LylejK, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Solved Win10 wont

2. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  3. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont shut down: When i power off my pc the fans and lights on the fans stay on. Should I reinstall windows to see if this fixes my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-shut-down/d4b92a9c-c414-4d8c-b8c2-af6c9ec269af
  4. pc wont shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop wont shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wont shut down: This problem started occurring after I ran the Microsoft Defender Offline scan. Now my laptop won't shut down. Instead, it reboots and tells me that my PIN is not available. The only way to turn the laptop off is with a hard reset....
  6. Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.: My computer wont shut down, It jest keep's spinning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-shut-down-win10-home/c9966f2d-15d6-48fc-bbc8-3cd3cea33e5c
  7. Outlook wont shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook wont shut down: The computer continues to state that Outlook is closing down but it won't finish. And as a result, Outlook will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-wont-shut-down/d7e68faa-1784-4ef2-9ece-669ff6f10b44
  8. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  9. Shut down and update in win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shut down and update in win10: Hello, I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many applications open and thought by myself it will update when I shut down the computer when I go the bed or am finished with the...
  10. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade: Hi , My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option . If anyone has any ideas could you please give me a shout . Much obliged 21314