Windows 10: [Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off

Discus and support [Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a company laptop that keeps logging out my profile when sleep/display off/hibernate. I want to prevent my laptop from logging out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by viceo, Nov 25, 2020.

1. viceo Win User

[Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off

Hello,

I have a company laptop that keeps logging out my profile when sleep/display off/hibernate. I want to prevent my laptop from logging out of the profile. I've pinned it down to the "turn off display" part that is logging me out.

I want to be very clear:

• I do not want to know how to prevent the display off/lock/sleep/hibernate. That isn't the issue. The issue is going into that state logs me out of my profile. Meaning all programs are closed, all work lost. logs me out of all software like teams, outlook, any files open without saving
    • I repeat, I do NOT want to "prevent" going into lock/sleep/hibernate by setting the timer to "never" as this computer can have sensitive information and if I'm idle, or leave the computer alone I want it to go into lock/sleep/hibernate mode.
    • This is only about the system logging me out of the profile on idle - this is NOT about preventing normal idle motions.
    • This is not a company default, as I've had IT try to diagnose this computer and they have told me that it shouldn't be logging out of the profile, only locking it.

----------

Other notes:

• Windows 10, laptop
    • Going into lock win+L works fine and does not log me out
    • Current Settings For testing purposes
      • Turn off Display: 20 on battery 20 on plugged in
      • Computer to sleep: Never for both
      • Screen Saver: Turned off by default from company policy
      • Hard disk turn off after: 30 min plugged in
        • Note, I'm not waiting 30 min. I get the issue when I have display shut off at 1 min, and this still set to 30 min.

Again I want to emphasize, I do not care or want to prevent the display from going off, the computer going in sleep mode, the computer asking me for a password to log back in, or anything else that is considered a good security policy. I only care that it logs me out of the profile in that state, closing all my programs and losing all unsaved work.

:)

viceo, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2020
  4. [Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

[Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off

1. [Solved] Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on display off - Similar Threads - Solved Window Laptop

2. logging out of laptop window 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    logging out of laptop window 10: I am having issues logging out of my laptop window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-out-of-laptop-window-10/0acc3dae-0ef8-4a9c-a0d3-c4024c8a4df3
  3. Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile: I have somehow managed to conflate two profiles and am unable to log in to the administrator profile on my Yoga laptop. I've been using this profile for years, but now that I'm trying to set up Microsoft Family Safety, I NEED to log into this profile, and I can't. Every time...
  4. Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile: I have somehow managed to conflate two profiles and am unable to log in to the administrator profile on my Yoga laptop. I've been using this profile for years, but now that I'm trying to set up Microsoft Family Safety, I NEED to log into this profile, and I can't. Every time...
  5. Unable to Log Out of Kids' Profile and Into Admin. Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off: I've recently had a Windows 10 laptop (Asus UX461) serving as a media server slow way down when its display turns off (to be clear, the laptop is not sleeping; the display is simply off). I've also noticed that Windows 10 Power features in Control Panel have next to no...
  7. Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on sleep/display off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Logging out profile on sleep/display off: Hello, I have a company laptop that keeps logging out my profile on sleep/hibernate. I want to prevent my laptop from logging out of the profile. I've pinned it down to the "turn off display" part that is logging me out. I want to be very clear: I do not want to...
  8. Turn off Display is grayed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off Display is grayed out: [ATTACH]I would like to change to never off the display setting of our desktop. But we cannot change. See the sample picturelaptop for your reference. The computer is in domain. We change already in GPO but still not working....
  9. Windows 10 logging in to profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 logging in to profile: I can't log into my profile on my PC after a windows update. I can log in to my wife's profile on the same PC and I can log in to my profile on another PC but not on my main one. Any ideas?...
  10. Display off - Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display off - Laptop: hey guys hope that it right place to ask: i use Dell laptop with windows 10 on my old pc with was with 8.1 i do right context menu display off but here it's not work. some ideas? 33464